08 | the fat girl

R E A D E R

R E A D E R

"You're too fat for that dress, just give it to me!"

Neha—my little sister—tugged on the beige tulle dress, determinate to get ahold of it. Because I caught her red handed trying to steal my cloth, she got mad and find no better way to defend herself than to insult me. Just a normal Saturday morning here...

"What did I just hear?"

A satisfied smile crept up my face when I heard my mother's stern voice.

"Neha, apologize to your sister!"

Said brat looked at me, showing her ugly frustrated face. "Sorry." She mumbled something else, but I didn't bother and kicked her out of the room.

Meanwhile, Mom entered to pick my dirty laundry. "I've already told you to put these in the bathroom. Do you think I enjoy doing that in your sisters' and your room?"

I squatted down to help her, but she pushed my hand away.

"How will you take care of yourself when I'll be gone? I'm not young Y/n, I might even die tod—"

Mouthing an oh my God, I sighed out of frustration. My mother kept saying the same thing every now and then, almost as if she wished to die just to teach my sisters and I a lesson. "Mom, stop it!"

An hour and half later, I was finally ready. The weather was nice, so I chose to wear a dress with an oversized shirt and a pair of sneakers. When I passed by Neha's room, she made a disgusted face to which I answered with both middle fingers.

My mother and Sonali—Neha's twin—were watching TV downstairs. I bade them goodbye before leaving the house, rushing to the bus stop. In no time, I had joined Miria and Jieun at the mall for a shopping spree. Though it didn't please the latter, she had nothing better to do. Even if she woulnd't admit it, Jieun loved hanging with us.

It was nice to spend time with them, outside school. Both of them were lovable for different reasons. Miria was outgoing, extroverted and affectionate whereas Jieun was more like a softhearted-with-a-cold-facade type of person—if that was even a thing. Anyone would say they were polar opposite; but I knew better. Genuineness was the bond that linked them to each other; getting a hold of me in the process. I couldn't ask for better friends!

"Come on, Y/n! Haven't you bought enough clothes?"

I looked down at the five shopping bags. "I don't know..."

"Enough!" Miria rolled her eyes, walking in the opposite direction. "Let's find a bakery."

"I never thought I'd say that; but I'm on Miria's side."