46 | finally

R E A D E R

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed. "You know my mother, as long as she can be the center of attention..."

Jungkook let out a heart-warming laugh, much to my satisfaction. At least he wasn't angry nor annoyed.

"Don't worry." He shrugged, sliding his hands in his pockets. Man, he looked so cool... "Do you want me to leave?"

"No!" I answered rather fast, maybe too fast. "I mean, it's fine. You had something to say, so..."

He nodded, sighing in the process. As I was dying of impatience, Jungkook seemed lost in his thoughts.

I did not know what was going through his mind, but I could tell it was important. At least to him.

"Hey." I decided to speak, willing to help him out. "It's okay, you can tell me." I gave him a comforting shoulder pat.

The most adorable smile made its way to his lips. His eyes lit up as I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'm ready." he cleared his throat "Again, what I'm about to say–"

I raised my finger to shush him, growing impatient. "Can I just say, your face is reeeed! Like tomato red."

The previously nervous boy's face became livid, and I could tell he wanted to curse at me. To put him at ease, I pinched his cheeks, willing to help him loosen up.

"Y/n..." he groaned, massaging his reddened cheeks "Please, shut up."

I nodded, sealing my lips as he took a deep breath for the hundredth time since we stood across from my house.

"We are friends..." he started

I listened, both apprehensive and hopeful.

"And I don't want to ruin what we have, but lately, I've been losing my mind over this."

"Over what?" I asked, folding my arms due to the chilly weather. I hadn't even noticed the sun went down.

"I can't believe I'm about to tell you this, but I–well, I guess I like you?" he blurted out, rather unsure

I, on the other hand, couldn't believe what just came out of Jungkook's mouth. I wanted to scream and jump at the same time, but the lack of confidence in his voice made me doubt. Did I hear it right? Was it just the fruit of my imagination due to days and weeks of crushing over him? I couldn't explain how I felt at that point.

"It took me a while to admit it, even though the signs were loud and clear. The Haneul situation, the kiss, or the fact that I can't even fathom spending a single day without talking to you... This is fucking embarrassing, but I had to say it! It comes out like word vomit; I cannot stop talking!" he exclaimed, seeking support as his dark brown orbs cried for mine.

Dumbfounded, I stared at him with my eyes wide open. "You... like me? Me? Y/n?"

" Yes, I like you!" he almost yelled "Please, say something!"