epilogue

Nine years later

Nine years later

As slow music played in the room, a young woman was busy adjusting her red organza shirt to make it look as nice as possible with the skirt she had selected earlier. She looked at her reflection, but something was wrong, although she couldn't put her finger on it. Was it too oversized? Not tight enough? Y/n let out a heavy sigh, letting herself fall on the bed.

"It's ugly. Everything looks ugly on me." She mumbled quietly, closing her eyes to calm down. Breathe in, breathe out. Then, a flash of genius!

She jumped off her bed, rushing toward the closet to grab a sheer lace top that would match the skirt perfectly. Thanks to the sudden moment of inspiration, Y/n was ready to head out. After seven years, she was about to meet with some old friends from high school. To say she was excited was the least. Since she knew she would see them, the twenty-three years old couldn't stop thinking about it. She would imagine different scenarios, all of them including a particularly happy Jungkook.

"God..." she sighed out, heart beating at the sole thought of her old friend "Alright, let's go!" Before exiting the apartment, Y/n made sure to put some food outside so that Pop could eat. "Goodbye baby~" she said with a high-pitched voice "Mama's leaving for a few hours. Make sure to keep the house clean..."

After petting her dog for a few minutes, she went outside. She could feel a knot growing in her stomach, sign that she was getting anxious. However, she managed to ignore the feeling and focus on the road as she drove to the restaurant Jay had chosen for the occasion.

When she arrived at the location and parked her car, the woman took a minute to compose herself. Still sitting inside the vehicle, she glanced at the restaurant's entrance. A small group of people had gathered in the front, most definitely waiting for more to join. The most recognizable silhouette belonged to Jimin, who was talking to a woman on the side. Y/n noticed how they seemed agitated, but she paid no further attention. It was time anyway, no turning back.

Quietly, she cut the engine and unfastened the seatbelt. As she placed a hand on the driver's door, light knocks could be heard from behind. She froze until her name was called. It was Hyemon, a fellow member of the art club back in high school. Y/n relaxed and got out of the car, allowing any negative thoughts to leave her brain as she ran to the other woman.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

Thanks to Jay, the former members of the school council and the art club were able to reunite for a fun night. Miria was here too, invited by Y/n with whom she stayed in touch since then. With most of the group being on time, they decided to eat before the two late comers would appear.

Y/n felt at ease, catching up with these adults she'd recognize from miles away.

"You look so cute!" Sarutobi exclaimed as Kwon and her kept teasing Yoongi with his long and perfectly combed hair.