42 | festivities

J U N G K O O K

"Okay, so far, we have six ideas." Jieun, our class representative, summed up. She read them as Dongchil, the other representative, wrote them down on the blackboard. "Kimbap sale, teahouse, haunted classroom, dart booth, karaoke, and a tattoo booth, although I know Park Jimin won't like it."

I glanced over at Y/n as Miria pulled her blazer to have her attention. Professor Kim, who was quietly standing in the back of the classroom, gestured for me to focus back on my comrades' speech.

"Time to vote." Dongchil announced with his strong voice. The sound of twenty-four students rummaging through their pencilcase almost gave me a headache. "Ready?" The general answer was yes. "Great. You may write two out of the six ideas, and then we will count the votes and anounce the results."

It didn't take me long to be done with it. To me, the haunted classroom and the tattoo both would be perfect! I could already picture myself sitting at the tattoo booth, non-permanently marking random people's skin with apocalyptic landscapes, and terrifying monsters. I was pretty sure Solange would draw cats and other cute stuff like a doll or a rainbow.

Once all of my classmates were done, we had to slip our folded piece of paper into an improvised ballot box.

For impartiality purpose, Professor Kim was designated for the counting. His eyes twinkled with excitment as he took place behind the teacher's desk, facing the ballot box. It was obvious he enjoyed it.

"You ready?" Jieun asked, earning nothing but a vivid nod. "Go ahead, then, sir." She added solemnly.

The counting lasted for about five minutes until the results became evident. It was going to be the haunted classroom and the Kimbap sale.

"You guys suck!" Daniel, a classmate, exclaimed, voicing my thoughts in the process. "You should've picked karaoke!" Oh well, not anymore.

"So, it's settled." The tall professor clapped his hands once to signify the end of the debate. "I can't wait to see what you'll manage to pull out!"

Jieun and Dongchil thanked him for allowing us to discuss the matter during his lesson, then went back to their seat.

Y/n called my name, causing me to instantly turn towards her position, which was a few rows behind me.

"Let's eat with your brother today!" She whispered with a bright smile on. I nodded because that's what he wanted. Also, I knew Y/n would get excited, which was always the case whenever she'd reunite with a member of the council.

Thus, at lunchbreak, we were both headed to the canteen where Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jimin were waiting for us. Apparently, Taehyung and Hoseok were busy with an optional dance class.

As my friend and I sat down at the table, the boys greeted us. The place was particularly noisy today, but I chose not to bother for the sake of my brother whom—apparently—wished to eat with me.

"I'm going to miss all of that." Namjoon suddenly said, explaining that with a hand gesture.

Yoongi, whose face was too close to his plate, managed to snicker without budging. "We still have a month left. Don't be so dramatic."

"A month is too short! Don't you care at all?" My brother frowned. "We have an importance here. We rule the student council. How is it not affecting you?"

"It does, I just don't feel it yet."

Jimin intervened at that moment, obviously feeling for the president. "You've never disappointed, president." He announced rather solemnly. "You will be missed, I can tell you that."

Moved by the boy's sincere words, Namjoon offered him a warm smile as his eyes twinkled with gratitude.

"You will, president." Yoongi mimicked Jimin's voice with a smirk on.

From that point, both started to bicker. On the other hand, Y/n was talking to my sibling about a book he had mentioned to her once, which she apparently read in one go thanks to his advice.

As for me, well, I ate quietly. I was simply enjoying my lunch as I listened to the four of them simultaneously.

As I did, my eyes fell on Y/n. Seeing her speak so comfortably with Namjoon made me—for some reason—really happy. Each time she'd smile or laugh, I felt like I could stare at her silently forever. What was that? A strange feeling that made me want to have her by my side anytime, anyway. I couldn't seem to do without her, nor did I want to try. 

My attachment for her spoke for itself. The place she occupied in my life was growing bigger and bigger. The more I saw her, the more I needed her.

I believe this is what adults call love.

Perhaps I loved her. Was it possible? An inexperienced teenage boy wouldn't know, yet I liked the idea of it. Experiencing  first love with a girl I never thought I would like that much.

"Jungkook!"

I jumped a little, surprised by Jimin's high-pitched voice. He relaxed as I looked at him. "I've been talking to you for a minute. Did you hear me?"

I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. "No, sorry..."

As he rolled his eyes in annoyance, Yoongi flashed me an amused smile. "Of course not. He was busy being a creep."

I frowned. "What are you—"

"Yes, you were." Namjoon butted in, siding with his friend. "We saw you." he winked at me

My cheeks were getting warm, and I refused to imagine their current shade.

"Awww, he's blushing!" Jimin cackled

Y/n, on the other hand, glanced over at me with a proud smile on. "Even I saw it." She tilted her head on the side. "Fret not! I won't go anywhere."

With that being said, everyone started to tease and make fun of me. Although I fought back and protested, it was all clear in my mind. I fell head over heels for Y/n.

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』