40 | bad day

Only ten chapters left 🙃

R E A D E R

Today was one of those ugh days. You know; when you feel like less than nothing and your self-esteem reaches the lowest point, or when passing by a mirror or any glass showing your reflection is terrifying. When even the slightest look towards your face and body makes you want to hide forever. Yeah, it was just one of those days I was ashamed of myself.

"Mom, did you see my green hoodie?" I asked her as she passed by my room, peaking inside

"Huh, I'm not sure... Did you check the laundry basket?"

I nodded vividly, rummaging through the pile of clothes thrown onto my bed. I didn't want to talk longer than needed, so I gestured for her to drop it. However, my mother was quite the persistent woman.  The more upset I was, the less she would leave me alone.

"Are you talking about the school's?"

I stopped in my tracks, staring at her with a dumbfounded look. "Of course! Where am I heading to?"

She rolled her eyes, ignoring the obvious annoyance. She even entered the room, which made me want to scream my lungs out. I obviously loved my mother, but on those bad days, I really couldn't help but be a bitch to anyone who'd speak to me. The less I'd talk, the less hurt she'd get. But of course, she was a mother—she didn't care about my mood swings.

Thus, the inevitable argument arose between Mom and I. Thus, my day couldn't start in a worst way. Thus, I felt even more like shit. And so, I went to school with a negative mindset.

My double chin was particularly visible today. I looked like a baby hippo, stranded on the grounds of a stupid school.

Ugh, I hate it!

Rolling my chin out as if it would take  the unnecessary fat away, I couldn't focus on whatever Mister Kim was explaining. Honestly, I was trying to remain as discreet as possible to make sure he wouldn't pay attention to me. Allowing this beautiful human to witness the dreadful creature I was? No, thanks.

And of course, the fact that Jungkook was sitting on my right did not help. Although I wished he wouldn't even glance at me, I knew he would at some point.

Which he did, ten minutes prior to the end of history class.

"Psst, Y/n..." he whispered

I covered my face with both hands in a way that made me look unbothered, only allowing my eyes to show. "What?"

He ignored my action and said: "Let's eat lunch together."

"Sorry, I have plans."

He cocked an eyebrow. "Plans?"