Chapter 1 - Hurricane, Utah

❦•❦

 Now Playing: ❝La Isla Bonita - Madonna❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

Y/N's POV

Ah yes. Hurricane, Utah. We had to move here because of my fathers business has expanded between him and his friend. Apparently his friend, William had given him the opportunity to work along side him and another guy. The thing is that wasn't a problem at all. It was mostly the fact that I had to leave my friends and boyfriend behind. All of the memories I had there. Mother says this was a perfect time to refresh. Whatever that means. "Honey the place is absolutely gorgeous you'll love it there!" "That's not the problem what about my friends and my bo-" "Dear you'll make plenty of friends! My old pal has some children of his own you can get along with" I rolled my eyes annoyingly. There was no way I could get in contact with my friends and boyfriend from here. I had to break up with him. Such a shame. I sighed and stared out the window.

I placed my headphones over my ears and turned on my cassette player and started listening to Madonna. A big sign passed by saying "Welcome to Utah" guess we are almost there. "Are you excited my baby bear?" Mom looked through the rear view mirror and starred at my brother, Gregory. He nodded excitedly as he was coloring in his coloring books. "I can't wait to make new friends!" "That's the spirit!" my dad chuckled.

After a few minutes, my dad exited out the freeway and headed to a neighborhood. I could see why this place was beautiful and admired so much by my mother. The neighborhood seemed safe with the children playing outside in the front yard. Their heads turned seeing the unfamiliar car drive in along with a moving truck. The houses were clean and well decorated with pots, plants, flowers and outdoor furniture. It seemed like the perfect neighborhood. My dad parked in front of a 2 story house. It looked as if it was just repainted in white and red. "Here we are" he took the key out of the ignition and the engine stopped. We all got off the car without hesitation and admired the house. The yard was well cut and in front of the porch was a variety of succulents and cactuses. I always found them interesting. The shapes and the colors amazed me.

I made my way to the trunk helping out with the bags. The front door was already open assuming the other moving van that contained our furniture were already in. Once we walked in there was a staircase to our right and in the bottom was an extra corner space with a guest bathroom. We dropped our bags near the door and walked in further. There was a fair size office space. The dinning room was across from it having its own room along with a wine storage. Next to it was the kitchen and a walk in pantry. It had an island in the middle of the kitchen. and across from it was the living room. and in the middle was a sliding door to go into the backyard. There was a medium sized pool along with different flowers at the corners of the yard. "This is amazing" I admired the yard knowing how many memories I will make here. Gregory began running through the house finding it amazing as well. "Gregory no running!" Mother scolded him and he stopped catching his breath. "Kids go check out your rooms while we help the movers" "Okay!" Gregory ran up the stairs and I followed behind him.

When we made it to the top, to our left was another big area for another living room and then a hallway. We went down the hallway and discovered 3 bedrooms. 1 Master bedroom and 2 of them had their own little bathroom. "This one's mine!" Gregory shouted at the other room. I went into the other one assuming this one will be mine. It had a view of the front neighborhood houses and in the other mirror had a view of the mountains. The closet wasn't big but wasn't small ether. Same goes for the bathroom. It was perfect. I sat in the middle of the room looking around planning out where everything will go. The movers had already set up the bed and dresser. I snapped back to reality hearing my mother call for us both.

We made our way down the stairs and saw a Family just out the door. "Please please come in" "Don't worry we just came to say hello" A tall slender man replied. He had a white button up shirt with a black tie and black trousers. I assume that is William. A woman who I assumed was his wife had a nice purple flowery dress. "Oh these are my children Y/N and Gregory" We both waved and said hello. "How lovely your children are"  the woman smiled at the two of us. I could feel her positive and uplifting energy fill the room. She brought the 2 little children in front of her and the man brought a tall boy that was almost half of his height into view as well. "Excuse my children they are just shy" she let out a chuckle and the boy scoffed and rolled his eyes. "No worries at all they look lovely" my mother giggled "This is Elizabeth and Evan" Elizabeth had orange hair just like her mother. She wore a pink summer dress with sandals and a red bow. Evan wore a stripped shirt with shorts and black sneakers. He held a golden bear close to him. His dark brown hair hid his face well. Me and Gregory waved and they hesitantly waved back. "This is my son Michael" William placed his hand on the boys shoulder. He had beautiful blue ocean eyes just like his father. His hair was cut perfectly in a mullet. his hair was a light brown and he wore a nirvana band t-shirt and baggy jeans with his red converse. "Hello" I smiled. He looked up and down at me and turned away. "Michael" William growled and Michael turned his gaze back to me "Hi" he mumbled. "I'm so sorry my son is not good with manners he's a bit of a troublemaker" he pat his sons back and the adults began laughing. "Why don't you three help Y/N and Gregory unpack their rooms" William pushed his children slightly and We all nodded our heads as we took the boxes up to our rooms. Michael and Evan followed Gregory while Elizabeth followed me.

We placed the boxes down and Elizabeth admired the sunlight in my room. "Your room is really pretty" "Thank you" I smiled at her and we began opening the boxes "How old are you?" she tilted her head "I'm 15" "Woah you are the same age as mikey!" "Oh really? That's nice" "Do you wanna be friends?" "Of course" we shook our hands as we took out my belongings. "What can I do?" "You can help me hang up my clothes" I took out a new pack of white hangers and handed them to her "Okay!" I smiled at her enthusiasm. I unrolled my posters and small pictures and hung them up neatly near my bed along with record players.

I grabbed my bedsheets and set up my bed neatly along with a couple of plushies. "This one's so cute!" Elizabeth grabbed a dog plushie "It is isnt it? You can keep it if you want to" her eyes lit up "Really?!" "Yeah of course" I smiled as she hugged it "Thank you thank you thank you!" she hugged me and I hugged her back. She ran out of the room calling her mom to tell her about the stuffed animal. I began setting up my record player on top of my dresser. "Nice room" I jumped a bit and turned around "Oh god you scared me" I place my hand over my heart which was beating fast. Michael looked around my room mostly admiring the posters. "Need any help?" "No I got it from here" I picked up the hanged clothing that was on top of my bed and opened the closet and hanged it up. "Whatever" he left the room and I sighed in relief.

I left the main important stuff out as I would decorate it much later. Elizabeth came in "Do you wanna go see my room?" "Sure" I smiled and she held my hand and dragged me downstairs "Did you ask your parents if it was okay?" she shook her head "Let's go ask" I looked up and spotted Michael starring at the frames of me and Gregory when we were younger. He's so odd. "Dad dad can y/n come over!" "Uhm.." he looked over at his wife eyeing her to answer "Of course it's okay dear" she smiled and Elizabeth squealed in excitement. "Come on I can show you Michaels and Evan's room!" "Oh u-" she pulled me and we ran out the door "HEY" we heard Michael yell and run after us. We started giggling as she dragged me inside the house.

"Those two are really getting along" f/n looked over at m/n "Yup" they both smiled proudly.

Elizabeth took me over to Michael's room and I looked around seeing clothes spread out on the floor his bed was messy and there were posters that filled every space in the wall. Your typical teenage boys room. Michael caught up to us and slammed his room door "You can not come in here" "And why not Mikey" Elizabeth crossed her arms "Because I don't allow dumb people like you two in" "Come on Elizabeth let's see your room instead" "Okay!" she dragged me back to her room.

❦•❦