Chapter 10 - He's Into You

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝ Your Love - The Outfield❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

I laid my stomach against my bed, reading one of the comic books Michael let me borrow. The phone rang and I let out a sigh before placing the comic book down and making my way to the phone in my room. "Hello?" "Hey it's victoria! how've you been?" "Oh hey vic i've been peachy" I twirled the phone cord while leaning against my shelf filled with different genres of books. "Well me and the gang are heading out to the skatepark wanna come?" "Sure, is it alright if I ask-" "Michael? Yeah he seems cool" "How'd you know?" "Oh come on don't be so oblivious" "What are you talking about" I chuckled "He's totally into you" "No he has a crush remember?" "Yes and that crush is obviously you! Do you not see the way he stares at you?" "Oh come on he gives me glares" I shook my head "If i'm right you owe me a trip to the mall" she snickered "Yeah yeah I doubt that'll happen.. i'll see you there" "Yeah see ya"  I hung up and dragged myself into my closet.

There's no way he's into me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pair of jeans. I took off my shorts and placed them on, as well as grabbing my windbreaker. I grabbed my skateboard and headed down stairs. "Where you going?" Gregory looked at me before placing a spoonful of sugary cereal in his mouth. "Skatepark, wanna come?" he nodded with his mouth full and hopped off. I waited for him at the front door as he went into the garage and grabbed his scooter. He came back. "Ready?" "Ready" we made our way out the door and I locked it behind me. My parents were out at work and there was no way I would leave a 9 year old kid here.

"I'm going to invite Michael is that alright?" he nodded and hummed in response. We made our way to the afton's and shouting could be heard from the other side of the door. Not your particular shouting in excitement but with anger. I knocked in the door concerned and it went quiet. I opened the door to see a smiling tall man. Mr. Afton. "Oh hello y/n, Gregory, what brings you two here?" "We wanted to ask if Michael could come with us to the park" "Oh yes of course i'll go get him.

Michael's POV

"How could you not clean the house?!" my father shouted "I'm sorry I was doing homework-" "That doesn't excuse you from not doing your house chores" he slapped me on my cheek making me stumble back. I placed my hand over the burning sensation. Before he could yell more we heard a knock on the door. "Stay here" he glared at me before opening up the door. I stayed out of the doors view. Then I heard y/n's name which made my heart light up.

Father came back "Tell them about this and i'll cut your throat" he towered over me.Even then he still manages to look creepy even if we're a couple of inches apart. "Yes father" I didn't dare break eye contact. He smirked and left the room. I sighed  and ran out the door "Hey guys" I closed the door behind me "Yo mike what happened to your cheek?" "Fell off the stairs" "Typical mike" gregory chuckled "Hey y/n" i scratched the back of my neck "Hey mikey" we began walking down the street.