Chapter 29 - Lake House

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Island In The Sun - Weezer❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

It was a hot day in Hurricane, Utah. There were kids chasing each other around with bubble wands, others drawing figures on the hot concrete with chalk. It was a perfect day for dads to have a barbecue.

Henry planned on taking the kids to a rental lake house. Today would be 2 days before Evan's birthday, so this was Henry's gift to him. I packed a suitcase with clothes, towels, and sunscreen, and really anything I needed. I wore a f/c swimsuit and some shorts underneath.

Charlie knocked on the door "Come in" I said standing up and promptly standing the luggage at my side. "Dad says if you're ready" Charlie poked her head in before taking a step into the room. She had her hair tied in a braid. She wore a lime green swimsuit with ruffles and her pink sandals.

She carried a cute watermelon beach bag with her heart sunglasses on her head. "Yeah i'm ready" I smiled. "Here you go these are for you" she gave me a toothy smile handing me a pair of blue heart shaped sunglasses. I stared at the glasses and her in awe "Awe thank you" I side hugged her as she threw a giggling fit.

We all climbed into the back seat of the car. I sat in between Charlie and Sammy, they continued to sing their Abc's while starring out the window. Eventually it lead to a conversation about how loud Henry snores.

"Dad you snore too loud" Charlie complained throwing her hands in the air. "I do not, I sleep just like an angel" "So not true! You sleep just like a grizzly bear!" Sammy added as we laughed. "Y/n help me out" Henry looked in the rear mirror, with pleading eyes. He smiled and focused back on the road. "Sorry henry, it's the truth" I shrugged and laughed. Sammy and Charlie began mocking Henry's snores through out the car ride.

"Are we there yet?" Charlie complained. We were driving somewhere in the middle of a forest. It had been about an hour since we left. "Almost sweetie" Henry sighed in frustration. I had to give him credit for being a single dad, it isn't easy.

We hear a car honk and drive next to us. William rolls down the window waving at Henry. Henry waved back, the two men grinned at each other.

The dark blue lake finally came into view as both kids began cheering. Henry parked in front of a huge cabin house. We climbed out of the car, I seemed to be the only one in amazement, of how huge the cabin was.

The roof was green, while the exterior held red crimson colored bricks. There was a couple of large windows and a balcony. "Come on Y/n!" Charlie and Sammy dragged and pushed me towards the entrence of the house. "I'm going! I'm going!" I chuckled.