Chapter 23 - Fortunate

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

3rd person POV

D/n sat in the dinner sipping a cup of coffee waiting for his friend to arrive. Once the door swung open followed by the sound of a bell he looked up seeing William rushing in still fixing his slightly messy hair "Sorry I'm late D/n" "It's no problem Will" D/n cleared his throat as William sat down in front of D/n. "So what did you want to discuss?" William took a hold of the small menu in front of him still keeping his posture good. "I've been seeing Michael with a lot of bandages. He looks awfully tired for his age and I was just worried for his health. Is he alright?" William's heart dropped as wrath built up in him.

"Oh yes he's perfectly fine he's been working so much on those car parts in my garage" William said with a cheerful smile, considering inside of him he was raging with anger. "You should have him rest then" D/n knew something was up. He hasn't seen Michael working on any car parts for the past week. William has been growing very suspicious considering there has been a kid missing in the diner and he hasn't been worried about this at all.

"How's your wife doing?" William said changing the subject. He glared at D/n without him noticing. "She hasn't been doing to well.." his voice trailed off "Unfortunately she has a.. 10% chance of survival" he held back tears, as he sipped his coffee once more to soothe his emotions.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Is there anything I could do?" he folded his hands on top of the table. "There's nothing that could be done" D/n sighed. "Here let me take you home and we can watch the football game to.. keep your mind off of things" "That sounds great" D/n smiled as he left $5 for his coffee on the table. The two men walked out of the Diner and headed back to the L/n's House.

Y/N's POV

"No no no! You cut it like this" I cut a circle on the pink colored card-stock. Elizabeth and Evan followed my movements. We were currently outside in the front yard having a picnic. A red gingham blanket was below us as Elizabeth's tea set along with pastries and plastic wrapped sandwiches were scattered.

"Ooh I got it now!" Elizabeth glued the cut pieces of paper together creating a flower "Perfect!" I smiled. 2 car's pulled up to my house catching our attention. My father and William got out and waved from afar as they walked inside the house. I felt a bit uneasy but I ignored this feeling.

"Alright how about we play with.." I searched in one of the grocery bags pulling out 3 small packs of bubbles and pastel colored chalk "These!" I exclaimed as the children admired them. "You're the best n/n!" Elizabeth took the chalk and Evan took the bubbles. "Of course anything for my favorite siblings" I ruffled with their hair as they went off to play. "They sure love you" I turned around to see Michael with a smile on his face. I simply hummed in response turning my attention to them making sure they don't go onto the road.