Chapter 31 - The Puppet

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Cigarette Daydreams - Cage The Elephant ❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

A/N: first part inspired by @fazzruh

❦•❦

Henry sat in his desk, feeling anxious and hopeless. First he lost what felt like his son. Evan Afton. Having to put up a strong persona for the kids. He broke down crying. Silently crying, in his bedroom. Now he's losing his daughter. Oh his poor innocent daughter. Charlotte Emily.

There was a bit of hope inside of him, that she would be found. He gazed at the polaroid of him and Charlie. Charlie was on his shoulders with the brightest smile.

He combed his hands through his hair. Oh how much he wanted to scream. He wanted to hold his daughter in his arms again. He wanted to see her grow up. He wanted to see Evan grow up. All of those times they've spent together seemed to have gone too fast. They were gone too soon.

Y/n laid on her side in her dark bedroom. Michael had gone home already, and she felt just as hopeless as everyone else did. She heard the muffled cries from Henry. It's been over 10 minutes, she rolled out of bed, stumbling over to Henry's bedroom. Each wooden floor board creaked with each step. The walls seemed just as monotone as the families were.

She knocked, but there was no answer. Just muffled crying. She opened the door slightly poking her head out "Henry?" she saw Henry at his desk crying. He quickly wiped  his tears and turned around "Oh Y/n what are you doing up this late?" he cleared his throat, hiding the polaroid in his drawer.

"I could hear you from the room" Y/n sighed walking more into the room, now standing in front of him. "I-i'm sorry, I didn't mean to" Henry's voice broke a bit. Y/n opened her arms and looked up at Henry. "You don't have to apologize" she opened her arms, her eyes turning glossy, remembering that familiar feeling.

The feeling that made your chest heavy, it made you drop your shoulders. Too tired to do anything. To hopeless to continue on with life. Too much energy to use to do simple tasks. Staying in your room, isolating yourself from the world.

She knows how it feels to lose someone. Having someone there by your side, is just what Henry needs. Henry gazed down at the girl with a soft look. Tears rushed down his cool undertone cheeks. Looking at Y/n reminded him of Charlie.

He didn't hesitate to hug Y/n. They both held each other, silently crying to not wake Sammy up. "We'll find her Henry" Y/n patted his back. "Thank you Y/n" he cleared his throat, blinking back tears. "Get some sleep" Henry pulled away. "Goodnight Henry" Y/n sauntered towards his door. "Goodnight Y/n"