Chapter 28 - Mother knows "best"

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]

1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

I grabbed my phone and dialed Michael's number. It rang for a moment before he picked up, his usual loud music bursting through the phone before it was lowered "Hello?" "Hey Michael" I cleared my throat "Hey n/n what's up?" I leaned against my dresser fiddling with the phone chord. "Do you mind driving me to the hospital? I need to see how my mother is doing" I sighed "Yeah of course i'll be there in 10" "Thanks" I replied and he hung up the phone. I walked over to my closet grabbing a windbreaker and slipping into my sneakers.

I brushed my hair out of my face and grabbed my belongings as I heard Henry call down for me. I quickly rushed downstairs "Where you going kiddo?" Henry asked, he had a cup of coffee in his hands while papers of documents were scattered on the kitchen island.

"I'm going to see my mother at the hospital. I figured it was right to visit her" my voice trailed off as I gazed at the old man. He wasn't exactly old, although he did have a few grey hairs and wrinkles. Probably due to stress.

"Okay don't stay out for too long, Be safe" Henry nodded his head "I will" I replied reaching for the door knob and turning it to find Michael almost knocking the door "Oh hey" he quickly said slipping his hand back into the pocket of his denim jeans. "Hey mikey" I smiled stepping onto the welcome mat and closing the door behind me.

We walked over to his black car, and climbed inside quickly bucking ourselves up. "You know what hospital she's in?" Michael looked at the rear mirror fixing his hair "Yeah it's.." I gave him the address and he input it on the GPS.

Women By Def Leppard playing loud on the radio as we drove with the windows rolled down, the air flying through our locks of hair. I found this peaceful despite the amount of anxiety i was getting from having to interact with my mother after a few weeks.

Michael parked in front of the entrance of the hospital. It was quiet large, there were a couple of buildings surrounding the area with ether a courtyard or a garden of flowers and the roads separating them slightly. Michael and I climbed out of the car and headed inside check-in.

"Hello! How may I help you?" A nice lady who appeared around her 30's looked at us and turned her attention back to the monitor in front of her. "Hello i'm here to see M/n L/n" "Yes, what's your name" "Y/n L/n" she printed out a wrist band. She motioned for me to hold out my wrist, which i did and she placed the bracelet on me "She's in room 15, down the hall to your right" she motioned with her hands.