Chapter 27 - Field of Players

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Tenderness - General Public❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

We sat on the red bench table outside of the cafeteria for some fresh air. They were all rambling about tonight's football game, but my mind was somewhere else.

My thoughts only consumed of my dad and Gregory. It was still very difficult for me to process this. I mean.. losing 2 important people in my life in the matter of 2 months? I wonder what they could be doing.. if they are really even doing anything.

Like what's life after death? Is it pitch black are you sleeping.. is one even aware of their surroundings?...

"Y/n? Hello? Earth to Y/n" Victoria waved her hand in front of my face as I came back to reality "Huh?" my head perked up and I sat straight folding my hands onto my lap "We are asking your opinion on what to do after the game" she explained. I shrugged "I don't know, whatever you guys wanna do" I grab an apple slice "I mean it ends at 8, we could just go get dinner or something" Michael suggested.

He placed his head against mine, leaning his whole weight on me. "Mike you're heavy" I whined pushing him "No i'm not" he shook his head and chuckled "Alright dinner it is" Victoria exclaimed taking another bite of her sandwich.

The school bell rang as students rushed out of the cafeteria. "We'll meet after school at 5pm at the football field?" Jeremy said as everyone stood up picking up their cafeteria trays. Everyone agreed and waved goodbye, going their separate ways for class.

I tapped my pen against my desk, watching the clock tick every second, waiting for the school bell to ring. "Okay so everyone please have your vocabulary done by Friday, I don't want to hear any excuses-" The door swung open with the principal and a familiar blonde haired boy..
My ex boyfriend...

"Sorry to interrupt, just showing our new student a preview" he chuckled as me and Steven made eye contact. Long story, short. We were pretty toxic and I had enough. So yeah he's an asshole.

A smirk grew on his face as the girls started whispering "Omg he's so cute!" It was annoying. Him cute? Pfft  "We will be off then" The principal waved bye as Steven winked before leaving. Do I ever get a break from these boys? I rolled my eyes as the final school bell rang.

We all jumped from our seats quickly heading out the door "Hey! Hey! I didn't excuse you all!" the teacher shouted but no one listened. The teacher gave up and rolled their eyes watching the students rush out of class.