Chapter 33 - It's A Date

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Remember the Time - Michael Jackson❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

It was the next day and you were currently doing your usual morning routine. Michael and Elizabeth had gone back home with Clara last night. You slipped into something comfortable to wear since you had nothing planned for today. You felt emotionless and empty, neglecting the calls from your friends, too exhausted to socialize. You just wanted to stay in bed all day.

Henry had gone back to deal with some "stuff" in which he didn't really specifically said what, which left you curious, but not wanting to be a burden in asking a lot of questions you left it be.

You walked downstairs where Sammy was watching a cartoon show about a cat and a mouse doing the most reckless things. Sammy turned his head greeting you with a smile, around his lips was covered with strawberry ice cream. "Ice cream for breakfast?" you questioned, walking into the kitchen. "Why not?" he said cheerfully.

You chuckled and opened the white fridge gazing at the food items, in what to eat. There wasn't much that brought your appetite. You closed the door, filling up a glass of water and drinking it down, feeling it refresh you, and wake you up a bit. As much as you wanted this day to be productive, you thought it was best not to.

You sat next to Sammy, watching the television and hearing him giggle at each disaster the tom cat did. He began talking nonsense about what he and Elizabeth did last night, his dreams etc. It was quite nice to hear a child ramble about their dreams.

"What do you wanna do when you grow up?" You smiled slightly looking down at him, watching him intensely stare at the TV. His soft glance looked at you "I want to be just like my dad. I want to be the worlds greatest engineer. I want to make robots that help people" he looked proud of his decision. It made your heart feel happiness. You hated yet loved children.

You remembered the times you had to take care of Gregory. The messes that he made, blank walls drawn over with red and blue crayons, red pasta sauce all over the kitchen. Of course you were only 11 years old at the time taking care of a 5 year old. You were both merely young kids with only a few years of experience from life.

You and Gregory only enjoyed the laughs and the smiles out of life, expecting nothing more but to see your parents walk through the door, despite the dark circles and wrinkles on their face, and usually their bad attitude, you both would always love to see them home. This was enough for the both of you.

"That's a nice dream Sam" you smiled more sighing, slouching more into the sofa. You heard a faint phone ring coming from your room "I'll be back" you nodded your head at Sammy and quickly rushed up the stairs.