Chapter 35 - Pink Sunset

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Lovefool - The Cardigans❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

❦•❦

You woke up to the sound of your alarm, bringing you back from one of your lovely dreams. You groaned and rolled out of bed, shutting the annoying alarm off. Henry came knocking  "Time for school kiddo" you hummed in response, walking to your closet and pulling out anything comfortable. You slipped into the clothes and fixed your hair decently, having already done your morning routine.

You walked downstairs, greeted by Sammy and Henry already having breakfast. "Good morning" Henry said with a cheerful smile "Good morning Hen" you pulled out a chair and sat down. Sammy held a perplexed expression "Dad's a chicken?" he questioned, you and Henry chuckled "No it's my nickname son" he smiled.

As soon as you finished eating, you hear a car honk, signaling it was Michael. "Michael's here" you said, standing up and grabbing your empty plate and placing it in the sink "Stay safe" he replied, watching you leave. "Dad when can I have a wife?" Sammy's question made Henry spit out his coffee "I'm sorry a what?" "A wife" "A wife? Where's this coming from?" Henry pulled out a chair sitting next to Sammy, with a concern look. "I heard Michael call Y/n his wife" Sammy smiled and continued eating his fluffy pancakes.

You and Michael arrived to school. You starred at the building, spaced out. "Hey.." Michael placed his hand on top of yours "Are you doing alright love?" you looked at him, slightly smiling "Yeah.. yeah" you nodded. "Let's get going" you removed your seatbelt and you both climbed out of his car. You stood close to him, walking on the school grounds, looking out at all the students that were ether in friend groups or just hanging out and doing dumb stuff.

You looked around for a while finally spotting your friend group. "Over there" you pointed Michael hummed in response as both of you sauntered over. Victoria's heard perked up and began waving frantically "HEY Y/N!" she smiled "Hey Vic!" you smiled back, embracing each other in a tight warm hug. A hug that felt like it's been years since you last felt from her.

"Not even going to notice us?" Jeremy scoffed playfully "It's been a while" Michael chuckled as they did their "cool" handshake. "You guys always do that dumb handshake" Victoria remarked "It's cool, something you both don't know" Jeremy rolled his eyes.

The bell finally rung, sending kids in a rush to their classrooms. "We'll talk more at lunch" Victoria shouted as she rushed over to first period. "Shall we?" Michael extended his arm and you linked your arm with his "We shall"  you chuckled, as you both walked to your class. You weren't all to happy about being back, but it finally felt that your life was all coming back to normal. You didn't have any worries, no more crimes to worry about, as much as what happened in the past couple of months burdened you, you didn't want to be kept in that corner.