Chapter 24 - New Chapter

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝With or Without You - U2❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28——❍————— 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28——❍————— 3:47

❦•❦

    It's been about a week, since the death of Y/n's father. Her mind only consisted of negative thoughts and the fact she lost 2 special people to her within a month, it felt draining. She stayed in Micahel's room, wearing his hoodie and staying in bed. It was easier than getting up and having the Afton's bring up her mental health or what happened. It was too traumatizing for her to talk about it and describe it. Her heart would always sink and break the more she thought about it. The Afton's, except for William, were the only ones helping Y/n through this process.

Especially Michael. He would bring her food up and stay with her till the plate was finished, to make sure she had eaten well. He would get her out of bed to shower, drink water, and at least stay in the sun for 10 minutes. He would play guitar for her and crack a joke even if she laughed lightly or didn't at all. He was everything to her, and there was no way he would allow her to do this alone once more. Y/n never showed this, but she appreciated what Michael was doing. Even if her mind wasn't thinking straight, it comforted her thoughts. Her constant overthinking of losing everyone.

Michael came back with Y/n's formal wear, he retrieved from her house. He brought in a simple black dress along with a jacket and her favorite shoes. He placed them neatly on the bed. He watched her look out the window with tired eyes. He sighed and walked over and bent down to her level "Let's get you ready my love" he smiled softly at her. She nodded as Michael pushed the covers away and helped her get up. He's treated her with gentleness and care. He was careful with his words and his actions, as if one wrong move and everything would go wrong.

Mrs. Afton noticed this, and she couldn't help but feel happiness for Michael. Ever since she came into his life he's changed for the better. His cold heart, that was once like his father's was gone. He became a gentleman. I'm not talking about the bare minimum like holding doors or offering his seat to an elderly person. It was more than that. Taking care of his girlfriend, reading bedtime stories to his siblings, Helping with the house chores and cooking. His face was more brighter with blissfulness rather than a poker face.

As for William, his bloodlust only grew more. He loved the vulnerability kids had, the fear in their eyes. The murders only grew more in the pizzeria. Every parent has complained about this but the police haven't even opened an investigation. Henry was starting to think about parting ways with this man.

Michael closed his eyes as Y/n slipped into the dress. "There" she mumbled pulling the jacket over her. She slipped into the shoes and combed her hair with her hands "Here let me help" Michael held Y/n's hand bringing her into the bathroom.