Chapter 44 - Three Words

❦•❦

Now Playing:
❝ With or Without You - U2❞
[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

❦•❦

Victoria's POV

I felt my heart exploded at that very moment. Those 3 words that were said to me by the most prettiest boy right in front of me. Whom I had no idea would ever say that to a girl like me.

He said those three words i've wanted to hear.

Those three words that were repeated through every scenario in my mind as soon as my eyes closed.

I was completely speechless. But this didn't seem right. I don't believe him.

"I don't believe you"

-

1st person POV

I fluttered my eyes open to be surrounded by total darkness. The TV was like static. Henry was gone and so was Sammy. But Michael was putting his whole weight onto me. I suppressed a laugh as I saw the light of the tv reflect on his face. His mouth held agape, small snores escaping through his lips. I moved a strand of his hair to the side and he snuggled closer. As cute as this was, this was the most uncomfortable position for me. "Michael" I tapped his shoulder "Michael" I whispered yelled and he grunted and hummed "Get off please" I pushed him but he only whined and snuggled closer "Get offff" I pushed him more which only resulted into him clinging onto me more. I sighed and attempted to get comfortable in the small sofa. I knew by morning time I would have back pain.

Morning soon came soon. The smell of breakfast found it's way throughout the house. The sounds of pans and other kitchen items sounded through the house. I managed to roll off the couch and get Michael off of me. I fixed my bed hair and walked to the kitchen seating myself on the kitchen island stool. "You and Michael sure had a good rest" Henry chuckled I groaned and smiled. He placed a plate of food in front of me and I instantly thanked him and devoured the savory food.

"Well I have some business meetings to attend to" Henry wiped his hands with a kitchen cloth "Are you sure you're even financially stable to open up 2 pizzeria's in one year?" I raised my brow "William's taking care of Circus Baby while i'll work on the remodel of Freddy's Pizzeria" Henry ruffled my hair "Don't worry about it kid" He side hugged me. He was really the best I could ask for. His hugs we're always so comforting. Reminded me of my dad sometimes..

1974

"DADD!"

I shouted as I held my plush toy close to me. I clinged on its soft fur as my eyes began to blur from tears spilling out of my eyelids. I curled up into a ball in the middle of the grass field. Where was he? I don't know. I felt my heart practically jump out of my chest, my breathing grew heavy and felt weak. I felt a pair of hands lift me up from my position "What's all the crying about?" I opened my eyes and my dad held me close to him, wipping my tears with his fingers. He smiled "I'm right here.. i'm right here kid" he kissed my forehead.

Present Time

"Anyways i'll see you later kid" he smiled before leaving the front door. I held my tears back from the memories of my father swarming my mind. I took a deep breath and placed my plate back in the sink. I walked back to my room and opened a window to let some fresh air in. I opened my closet and reached for a cardboard box. I sat on the carpet floor with the box and opened it up. All my childhood comfort items were in it. My favorite books, my favorite plus, and a photo of me, my father, and my little brother. I smiled and held the frame close to my chest. "I miss you guys. I'm so sorry" I whispered and let the frame drop to my lap. A couple of tears ran down my cheek and onto my clothes.