Chapter 21 - Eternity [pt.1]

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Where Is My Mind? - Pixies❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

"I'll see you tomorrow" Michael kissed the top of my head. We stood in front of my door, who knows what time it is but that didn't matter. I had the best night of my life right now. "See you" I smiled and kissed his cheek. I opened my front door and stepped inside taking one last look at him before I closed the door.

I sighed happily, as I held the unicorn plush in my arms. The house was dark and dimly lit by the lamp in the corner of the living room. I turned on the lights to see my
mom sitting on the arm chair. Her leg was crossed on the other, her arms crossed over her chest. She stood up from her position as I grew with fear. This has happened before. "Do you know what time it is?" she growled "N-no" I avoided eye contact with her as she made her way closer to me. "You think he really loves you? He's just doing it for fun" my mother huffed. She stood in front of me with a gaze of disappointment.

She never really enjoyed me having relationships this age due to being too gullible or vulnerable. I thought she would be happy for me to date one of the Aftons who are giving my father a career, but I guess not.

"You don't even know him" I mumbled out "Talking back to your mother now?" she raised her brows "I'm not-" "How cruel could you be to your own mother. I came here for a better life for you and you treat me this way" "I'm not doing anything wrong what's up with you?!" "Do not raise your voice to me young lady!" she raised her hand and slapped my cheek.

I placed my hand on the burning sensation "How could you.." "How could I? Do you really even care that your own mother has lung cancer?! All you care about is that dumb boy!"my eyes widen "Go to your room before it becomes worse" she threatened. Tears formed in the corner of my eyes as I rushed upstairs to my room. I shut my door and locked it as tears streamed down my face. I didn't do anything wrong.

Michael's POV

I entered my house as my dad was already standing with an angered expression. "Home this late?" I scoffed "Answer me young man" "I am not in the mood to be dealing with you" I mumbled out as I made my way past him. He pushed and slammed me against the wall. He reeked of blood and cigarettes. Another murder I'm guessing?

I winced at the awful smell. "You didn't tell anyone did you?" I stayed quiet knowing exactly what he was talking about "I didn't" "Good. You're doing something right" he chuckled. "I did everything right.. Yet you're satisfied with nothing I do.. Only when it's to your convenience" I stayed eye contact with him. My fists clenched as more anger fueled me "I've been nothing but a good father to you. I raised you-" "Mom raised me. You did nothing!" I shouted.