Chapter 26 - Bonnie's Bowling

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Decepatcon - Le Tigre❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

Diner with the Afton's went well, even though it was a bit awkward, but the two men rambling on about their high school and college life made the room less tense. I was in Michael's room playing with his Gameboy. He laid against on his bed frame reading a comic about X-men.

I groaned in defeat as I placed the Gameboy down and slouched in his comforter. "Lost again?" he grinned flipping through the pages. I won't exactly say he read them, mostly looked at the artwork. I nodded my head as my attention caught onto the drawing pad sitting on his desk. "You draw?" his head perked up as I began walking over to his sketchbook.

And by far his drawings were absolutely amazing. So realistic yet cartoony. I loved it. "Woah" was all I could say in amazement as I flipped through the pages. He stood up quickly snatching the sketchbook from me "Don't look it's embarrassing..." he looked away placing the sketchbook back on the desk. "But your drawings are amazing Michael" he shrugged and sat back down on his bed.

The yelling of excitement coming from Elizabeth's room almost shook the whole house. "Can't they keep it down?" Michael sighed in annoyance picking the colorful comic back up and crossing his legs on the bed. "You know how kids are" I replied heading over to his vinyl crate looking through the records he had. Guns n' roses, Def Leppard, Metallica, Journey, Queen, Bon Jovi, etc.

As soon as I was going to make my choice I heard Henry call for us. I sighed in frustration as me and Michael headed out the room. The kids ran passed by us rushing downstairs with glitter flowing through the hallway. "Must be from Elizabeth" me and Michael chuckled as we headed downstairs.

Henry was saying his goodbyes to the family. I frowned a bit as I turned to give Michael a hug. "Call me before you sleep?" he wraps his hands around my waist pulling me into a tight warm hug. My hands wrapped perfectly around his body. "Of course," I smile as we pulled away. I kiss his cheek as Mrs. Afton squeals with excitement. "My Michael is all grown up" her eyes became glossy as she admired us "Oh please" Mr. Afton rolled his eyes.

Me and Michael felt annoyed as we kissed each other goodbye on the cheek one last time. We said our goodbyes, after I climbed into Henry's car along with Charlie and Sammy. They instantly fell asleep as we drove back to Henry's house. I watched the trees pass by as dimly lit houses shun some parts of the concrete. The trees stood still and tall as the leaves slightly moved from the light wind. I smiled  remembering Michael's smile.

My thoughts were always consumed of him. His expressions, the way he thought, the way he was sweet. Don't get me started on his voice. He has mentioned before at the age of 6 he moved here in the United States from England, yet his accent never really left. It was mostly shown around me since in school he would get made fun of. It's really amazing if you think about it. He was this indignant boy towards me and now he's been compassionated over me, even before we were dating, he seemed to grow closer and gentler.