Chapter 37 - ...I'm sorry

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

A/N: I finished this chapter early than expected also I do recommend you listen to the song while reading this chapter (on loop) because it goes along so well :,) <3

❦•❦

You flickered your eyes opened, heavily breathing. You were drenched in sweat, your heart beating fast. You looked around, trying to calm yourself. Everything's okay. Everything's okay. You reassured yourself. You turned around seeing Michael peacefully asleep. You turned again to glance at the clock reading 8:30 AM.

Evan's words echoed through your mind.
" I won't make it"

You sighed and slowly rolled off of bed. You headed into the bathroom, splashing cold water on your face. It was just a nightmare. Right?

The cold water refreshed your heated face. It calmed your nerves a bit. You opened Michael's door, hearing the sounds of pans clanking against each other, and the smell of Early Grey Tea. You smiled to yourself a bit, knowing there wasn't any bad news, yet your stomach still had that horrible worrisome feeling, clawing at you.

"Michael! Y/n! Time for Breakfast!" Clara called out. You glanced at Michael. He turned and twisted, covering himself with the covers. He groaned and rubbed his eyes open. You laughed and walked over to him, taking the covers off. "Good morning sleepy head" you kissed his temple. "Morning" he mumbled.

"Michael! Y/n!" Clara called out again. You tilted your head, motioning it's time for him to get up. You walked downstairs, Michael following you, seeing William and Elizabeth sitting at the table eating eggs and toast.

You joined them at the dinner table, tiredly greeting them with a good morning. Clara placed down the plates in front of the both of you. She then sat down with her plate. "So today we are all visiting Evan." She glanced at everyone. You all nodded and hummed in response still in a tired state. She smiled to herself and began eating her food.

-

After breakfast, you went back to Henry's to get ready. You took a quick shower, placed on some clean clothes, and did your hair. But throughout the day, you only felt sick. Your stomach turned and twisted. Your mind continued to fill with thoughts of Evan's terrified face. The vivid memory of his birthday.

You waited at the doorstep, feeling lightheaded. Sammy stayed by your side looking at Henry pace the house trying to find his car keys. "Aha!" he pulled them out from one of his coats. "Alright kiddos head on out" he motioned for the two of you. The three of you walked outside and climbed into his car.