Chapter 20 - Colorful lights

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police ❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

I sat on the edge of my bed and dialed Michael's phone number, It rung for a few seconds until it was picked up by his familiar British voice "Hello?" "Hey mike" I said cheerfully "Oh hey y/n" he sniffled. His voice sounded off.. "Is everything alright?" "Yeah everything's great" he cleared his throat "Are you sure? You don't sound well" "I'm sure really" he chuckled. I sighed "If you say so.. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the state fair tomorrow" I twirled the cord as I laid on my stomach with my feet kicking up in the air. "Sure that sounds like fun" his voice sounded more soft and low.

I definitely know that something's up, but I didn't bring myself to mention it. He probably would end the call or come up with another excuse. "What time should I pick you up?" I laid on my back "Around 5pm seems fine no?" "Yeah that sounds good" "Ooo wait we should get breakfast at that one diner across the street!" I sat up on my bed feeling excited for tomorrow. "That sounds good y/n" he laughed "What? You don't like the idea?" "No I love it.. I just love hearing you be happy" he sounded more genuine now. I hummed in response not knowing what to say next. This man left me speechless even in the smallest words.

"You should get some sleep Y/n" he yawned "You sound like you need it more than me" I leaned my head back on the headboard of my bed. "I think we both need it" his voice became deep causing butterflies in my stomach. "I'll see you tomorrow morning then?" "Tomorrow morning" "Got it.. Goodnight mikey~" I cooed. I know his face turned red from that "Goodnight n/n~" (nickname) he said back in the same tone before the phone hung up. I sighed happily placing the phone back down and screaming in my pillow in excitement.

I laid on my side as my mind filed with what could happen tomorrow. I never been this happy about someone. I never thought I would be happy about Michael. I'm quite glad though. He was absolutely perfect in my eyes. I grew to love him more each day. My thoughts began filling up with scenarios of us as I covered myself with my duvet covers. I repeated his voice in my head "Goodnight n/n~" . What a dork.. I closed my eyes shut and soon drifted asleep.

Morning came in quickly as the birds chirped and sunlight filled my room. I tossed and turned not wanting to wake up. I then remembered my date with Michael today. Oh shoot I need to get ready. I told myself as I tossed the covers away and rolled out of bed. I looked at the time as it read 8:24 AM. So early I whine in my head as I stumble over to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, you know the whole morning routine. I fixed my hair decently and made my way back to my room.