028 ; Pro Drafts

you look around through it and grab a few pieces of clothing and put them on the counter, you pay and leave, searching through the stores again.

YOU WOBBLE SLIGHTLY AS A FEW PEOPLE SWARM YOU.

"hey you're the one who placed third in the sports festival!"

"you're super fast!"

"you're so cool!"

you shrink and walk away, that was too much to deal with at the moment.

YOU STEP INTO CLASS AS PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW PEOPLE WERE CROWDING THEM

"hey, [name]! we're you being crowded also?" kirishima asks.

you nod, "hmph!"

you all in your seats just as aizawa walks in.

"morning."

"good to see your bandages off, aizawa sensei." tsu says.

he scratches his cheek, "the old ladies treatment was excessive. but never mind that. today we've got hero informatics class. and a special one at that."

hero informatics? i dunno what that means...

"you'll be coming up with your hero aliases"

the whole class cheers, "how awesome! time to shine!!"

"but first... concerning the pro draft picks i mentioned the other day. it's based on who the pros think will be ready to join the hero workforce after another two or three years of experience.. so you could say that it's a way for them to show interest in your futures. but there's ample time for their interest to wane before you graduate. and any and all offers can be arbitrarily revoked. it happens quite often."

"so if we're picked now, that just means there'll be higher hurdles in the years to come!"

"yes. now here're the complete draft pick numbers."

everyone turns to the board, "there's typically more of a spread. but two stole most of the spotlight"

your name was in second, you had 3867 requests, not too far above bakugo and a bit below todoroki.

"gah they're in a y whole other league!"

"these pros have no eyes for talent."

you blink,

so many.. i didn't even do much..

"with that settled.. whether you were picked or not, you will all have a chance to work alongside the pros. it's true that you all have already experienced more than most, but... seeing the pros in action and taking part yourselves will still be worthwhile training. "

"that's where our hero names come in!"

"this is getting really fun!.

"they're only tentative, but you'd till want to pick something appropriate..."

"or else you'll know true hell!!" a voice interrupts.

all eyes turn to the door, in walks the same hero who voiced, most of the sports festival.

"the name you pick now... may be what the world ends up calling you. that's happened to plenty of pros out there!!"

"midnight!!"

"yes. true enough. and midnight here will be assessing the sensibility of the names you pick. i'm no good at that. what future do you see for yourself? the name you choose will bring you ever closer to cementing a certain image... because names are capable of reflecting one's true character."

"like with 'all might' "

now to pick a name...

please pick a hero name!

words ; 512