II

I stood next to Katara as Tenzin and the others prepared to leave. "I think you forgot a couple of things." Katara said.

Tenzin sighed. "Mother, I think I need some time alone with my family right now." He said.

"This is your family, Tenzin. When you get to be my age, you'll be thankful for the time you had with your siblings. Besides, I think it's important that you all visit your father's home together." Katara said.

"Come on, it'll be fun." Kya said.

"I'm dying to see that laid-back "Vacation Tenzin" I've heard so much about." Bumi said.

"All right. Hop on." Tenzin said with a sigh.

I gave Pema a hand up and the kids crushed me in hugs. "I wish you were coming with." Ikki said.

I smiled and gave them all tight hugs. "Me too, I'll see you guys soon okay?" I said. They nodded and hopped on. "Good luck Tenzin, and don't let your siblings get to you." I said as I gave him a hug.

He smiled and nodded then gave a hug to his mother. "I love you, mom. We'll see you soon. Oogi, yip yip." Tenzin said, then they were gone.

I went back to my hut and put on my training clothing, then I went with Korra to see Unaloq to train. "You're early." He said once we got there.

"What can I say? I'm pumped up to learn that Unalaq spirit fighting." Korra said.

I sighed. "I'm not here to teach you to fight spirits. I'm here to help you begin your spiritual training." Unaloq said.

"I'm just here to help." I said.

Unaloq nodded. "We're going to one of the most remote places in the world the long-neglected spiritual center of your tribe: the South Pole." He said

"You're gonna train me at the South Pole?" Korra asked.

"We will do more than just train. By neglecting the spirits, the people of the South have brought darkness upon themselves, and now it threatens to destroy our tribe." Unaloq said. "We must set things right. The Southern Water Tribe depends on you."

"A dangerous trip to the South Pole?" Korra asked. "Count me in."

"I'm going to go get ready." I said as I walked back to my hut.

Korra followed me in. "I just told the guys, so they're coming." She said smiling.

"That's great." I said as I pulled out different clothing.

"Are you okay?" Korra asked.

I nodded. "I just don't fully trust Unaloq Korra." I said.

"Why not?" Korra asked.

I sighed. "It's because of his stupid traditions and his influence on the Northern tribe that I am being forced to get married." I said.

"I'm sorry." Korra said.

I smiled at her. "It's not your fault, I'm not even sure why I'm upset about it. Iroh is my best friend, who knows? Maybe we'll fall in love someday." I said.

"Well today isn't that day, today we get to reconnect the spirit worlds." Korra said.

I laughed. "Maybe if we do this right I'll tell you who my parents are." I said as I re-did my hair.

"Really?" Korra asked.

"If you are going to begin your training with the spirits, then I think you should know." I said.