VII

"Are you all right? Where are you?" Tenzin's paranoid said over the line.

"I told you to call him sooner," I said to Korra. 

"I'm a big girl," Korra told me before turning back to the radio. "With Bei Fong's sister in Zaofu. We're totally safe, unless we get caught in another fight between Su and Lin."

"Lin willingly took you to her sister?" Tenzin asked amazed. 

"Not exactly. We got a call about a new airbender, and it turned out to be Su's daughter, Opal. She'll be headed your way soon," Korra said.  

"Really? That's wonderful!" Tenzin said and then Korra gave me the line. "Sora is very excited right now. And-"

"Yue, is Opal really coming?" Sora asked. 

I laughed, "that's the plan."

"And are Kei and Raiden bringing her?" Sora asked hopefully.

"I'll see if they would like to," I told her and then Bolin grabbed the radio from me. 

"She is wonderful and pretty and so smart! And she smells like flowers. Sorry. Bolin out."

"Come on lover boy," I told him as I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him out. 

~*~

"Thanks for making my favorite meal," Opal told the chef as we all sat around the table for her farewell dinner. 

"I'm really going to miss you, Opal. No one appreciates my raw veggie wraps like you do," the chef told her. 

"Every time I eat raw kale, I'm gonna think of you," Bolin said cheesily. 

"You're so sweet," Opal said. 

"This stinks. We were just starting to get to know each other and now you're off to the Northern Air Temple," Bolin said. 

"We'll be together soon. You guys are heading up after finding more airbenders, right?" Opal said.  

"Yeah, but that's... in the future. Oh, I hate the future," Bolin said. 

"Until then, we'll always have kale," Opal said.

"Goodness," I said turning to Korra. "They're so cheesy."

"It's cute," Korra replied.  

"Check out my latest invention. An airbender finder," Varrick said.

"Right," I said. 

"Wait, that can find airbenders?" Korra asked.  

"Uh... it's broken," Asami said looking at it. 

"It's not broken. She needs to airbend into it! How else do you expect the thing to work?!" Varrick exclaimed. 

I glanced over to a very unhappy looking Mako and mouthed the words, "save me!" 

"Everyone, if I could have your attention, please. Tonight, my beautiful little girl leaves for the Northern Air Temple. Opal, none of us could be more proud of you. You're an incredible daughter, sister, friend, and soon-to-be airbending master," Su said. "Here's to Opal. May she help lead us into the new era."

After dinner we all went to the docking bay and went to see Opal off, along with Kei and Raiden. "Keep her safe," I told them. "And tell Sora I said hi."

"Will do," Kei said.

"And don't light anything on fire," I told Raiden.

"Any other orders?" Raiden asked.