VI

"Hey, has anyone seen Chief Bei Fong?" Mako asked as he ran in during breakfast. 

"She's probably off sulking in her room," Korra said.

"What did you do?" I asked Korra.

"I just tried to help, then she got all yelling and angry," Korra mumbled. 

"I know she has a problem with me, but she had no right to yell at Opal last night," Su said.

I sighed, "but Lin isn's someone who can be confronted in one day."  

"All set for your power disc game today, guys?" Su asked as Wei and Wing came in. 

"Yeah, all set to kick Wei's butt," Wing said. 

"I'm going to power disc your face," Wei responded and then turned to Korra. "You should come play with us."

"Oh, I don't think I'd be much competition since I can't metalbend," Korra said. 

"Really? Lin never offered to train you?" Su asked. 

"One person did a long time ago," Korra said glancing at me. "But it wasn't the right time. I guess I never thought to bring it up again because I was learning to airbend, then there was the pro-bending, then I got tied up fighting the Equalists. It was a busy few months."

"Well, it's probably for the best. I'm sure Lin would be a horrible teacher," Su said making Korra chuckle. "As the Avatar, you should have mastery over all the elements. I'd be happy to show you the basics." 

"Really? That would be great," Korra said. 

"You should have Mako show you how to make lighting too," I told her.

"You can do that though," Korra said and Su looked at me surprised.

I shrugged as I shot Korra a glare, "Lady Emiko is also able to use lightning. We think my father was a firebender since I can do it too." 

"You should learn both," Su agreed with me. 

"You should try it too," Opal said to Bolin. 

"Uh, nah, I'm more of an Earth guy. The dirt, rocks, you know, maybe some light gravel- That's kind of where my heart is," Bolin said. 

"Okay, Earth guy. Well, let me know if you change your mind," Su said. 

~*~ 

"These meteorites are perfect for beginning metalbenders. The metals have a unique property, making them easier to bend," Su said. I could feel it just by being by them. 

"That's amazing!" Korra said.

"Didn't Toph carry a piece with her?" I asked.

"I think so, but she's never told me," Su said. "Here, try it."

"Okay," Korra said nervously and then we heard a twig snap. I turned around quickly and shot a needle of ice in the general area and Pabu fell out. "Bolin, is that you?"

"No," Bolin said. 

"What are you doing?" Korra asked. 

"Oh, hey, ladies. I was just, uh- I was just looking for Pabu. Pabu!" Bolin said.  

"He's on your shoulder," Korra said. 

"Oh, look, there you are. You know, I thought something was chewing on my ear. I'm probably gonna need to get a shot. Pabu has sort of a venom- a venom. Anyway, so what are you guys doing? You're metalbending over here or something?" Bolin said nonchalantly.