III

~*~

"Are you sure about this?" Iroh asked me.

I sighed, "negotiations have gone nowhere. It's almost been a week."

"We were supposed to get married today," Iroh said softly. 

"I know," I whispered. 

"And instead of taking our honeymoon, you are going to go with Su," Iroh said smiling. 

"If Korra was here right now, I'd marry you right now," I told Iroh as I grabbed his hands. 

"Do you even think she'll be there?" Iroh asked.

"I just-" I began, but stopped. "I feel like if Tenzin's kids found her, they will end up where Kuvira is."

"And you think Kuvira is going to make a move on Zaofu," Iroh said. 

"I would be surprised if she doesn't," I said honestly.

"Then maybe we should convince Tenzin, President Raiko, and my mother to move on Kuvira," Iroh said.

I shook my head, "if Korra is there, then maybe we can still resolve this peacefully."

Iroh shook his head, smiling, "you say that you're not the avatar-"

"I'm really just a poor imitation-" I began, but Iroh held up a hand.

"But you have the mind and attitude of one," Iroh finished. "And the abilities."

"I'm not as strong as Korra," I said simply. 

"You don't have to be," Iroh said as he pulled me to him. "At least take Mika with you."

I gave him a look, "I feel like she is bonding with Mako." 

Iroh pulled a face, "I know he's nice, but she's my cousin."

I held up my hands in surrender, "I think Mika is concerned for Mari right now."

"She does look like she'll be having the kid any day now," Iroh said. 

"Would you want Eska being the only sister nearby?" I asked Iroh, and he shuddered. "Case and point." 

"Just please," Iroh said. "Be careful."

"After what we went through when Korra first came to Republic City," I said kissing his cheek. "I doubt anything Kuvira sends at us will be as horrendous as what even Amon did. Much less the three combined." 

"That doesn't inspire me with confidence," Iroh said dryly. 

"Just trust me," I said.

"Just don't die on me," Iroh replied. "I love you." 

~*~

I sat next to Su as the train arrived to the front of the city. "I'll contact President Raiko. He'll send the United Forces," Baatar Sr. said as we saw the forces gathered in front of us. 

"Call whomever you want, but they'll never make it in time," Su said. "Kuvira's already here, and she brought her entire army."

"I was really hoping I would be wrong," I said. 

"I'm sorry that this is happening to you," Su said. 

"I'm more worried about what is happening to the Earth Kingdom," I responded. 

Su gave me a look, "how many times have you delayed your wedding."

I shrugged, "I think we've lost count." 

"If Kuvira hadn't done this-" Su began before shaking her head.

"It doesn't matter what she's done, all that matters is that we stop it from going to far," I said.