XII

"This feels so weird," I said aloud, but of course nobody could hear me. I don't know the consequences of the weird almost ghost form, but I do know that I need to help Korra. She is also the only one who can hear me, litterally. 

Weird side-effect

"As soon as she's in the Avatar State, take her out," Zaheer ordered Ming-Hua.

"Fight it, Korra," I pleaded with her as she flashed in and out of the Avatar State. "The people need you."

"Yue?" Korra questioned weakly. 

"She's dead," Zaheer told Korra. "You can't resist for long."

Korra moaned in pain, "I'm right here, Korra." I told her as I floated in front of your face.

"Yue, help me," Korra pleaded. Zaheer just gave her a weird look as Korra flashed back in and out. "Please, help me."

"You have to fight this," I told her. "You know what they'll do, you need to hold out until help can arrive."

"What help?" Korra asked in pain. 

"I might not be here physically, but Mako and Bolin won't let them hurt you. Lin and Su will cut through them, just like they did to P'li," I told her. "Fight it!"

"Why isn't she staying in the Avatar State?" Ghazan asked.  

"Give it time. She can't resist for long," Zaheer said with a frown. 

"How are you here?" Korra questioned. 

"Weird things happen when your mother is a spirit," I told Korra. "I won't leave you." 

"Yue," Korra whimpered. 

"You can do this," I told her. 

"It's working," Zaheer said. 

Korra's eyes widened in fear, she was terrified of something. "Korra, whatever you're seeing, it's not real! Whoever it is, they can't touch you!" I told her fiercely. Korra looked around wildly, "please, Korra. You're my best friend, don't let go."

Korra continued to fight, but she lost the battle. "Now! Destroy the Avatar," Zaheer ordered. 

"Korra, fight!" I shouted at her as Ming-Hua hurled chunks of ice. Korra opened her mouth and breathed fire, quickly melting the ice. "Fight them!" Her right arm tugged at the chains, pulling out a part of the wall where the chains were attached to. Zaheer and Ghazan jumped back as Korra aimed the boulder at him. 

Korra dragged the chain to the side and the boulder slid along the ground, knocking Ming-Hua against a wall, creating a dent on the surface. Ghazan ran forward and bent up a stream of lava beneath her. Korra wrapped the chain around her hand and punched her hand forward, airbending the lava to Ghazan. 

"That's my girl!" I said proudly as Korra fought them. She broke free of the chains on her feet, swinging herself back and forth on the remaining chain connected to her left wrist and she sent a gust of air forward. Korra sways a little more before aiming her hand backwards and she bending a torrent of fire behind her, propelling her forward. The momentum caused her to breaks the chain on her left wrist and she leapt free.

"You need to take out Zaheer, Korra," I told her as I followed her actions. "Keep him away from you, he's the strongest one. Keep fighting until help comes!" Korra raised her hands and four columns of rock are bent up, but she was struggling. She swung them around in all directions, and what was left of Zaheer's gang was scrambling. 

"Korra!" Tonraq shouted, but she ignored him.

"Korra, you need to help them help you," I said nervously.