Book I Chapter I

I watched happily as Korra defeated the other firbenders. "She lacks restraint." I heard from behind me. I just simply ignored them. They are right she does lack restraint, but she has so much potential. 

        Korra ran up after she defeated the firbenders. "Hey, why all the doom and gloom, people? We should be celebrating! Three elements down, one to go!" She said happily.

         "You're getting ahead of yourself as usual, Korra." I told her smiling. 

       Then Mr. Grumpy pants decided to say something. "We haven't decided if you passed your firebending test yet. Ever since you were a little girl, you've excelled at the physical side of bending, but completely ignored the spiritual side." He stated. 

        I sighed. "The Avatar must master both Korra." I said. 

         "I haven't ignored it, it just doesn't come as easy to me. But that's why I should start training with Tenzin immediately. He's Mister Spiritual." She said. 

        "Do you think she's ready, Master Katara?" The man asked Katara.

         "Yes." Katara said. 

         "If anyone can teach her what she needs to learn, it's Tenzin." I said. 

        "Very well, Korra. It's time for you to begin your airbending training." He said. 

         "Yes! Finally! I mean, thank you all for believing in me." Korra said. Then she ran off, I watched her smiling. She will become a great avatar, that's for sure.

**************

       "Yue, may I speak with you?" Katara asked.

       I nodded and followed her inside the healing house. "Yes Katara?" I asked.

        "I was wondering if you figured out what you are going to do about your betrothal." She said.

       I sighed and looked down at my necklace, my snow white braids swooping down in front of my face blocking me from view. "I have decided to except." I said.

        Katara looked at me concerned. "Are you sure that is wise?" She asked.

        "I don't know." I said sadly as I put it on. 

        Katara smiled at me. "Whatever you decide Emiko and I will be behind you all of the way." Then she walked out. I sighed and sat down at the table and opened a book of advanced healing. I've already read it about fifty times, but it never hurts to read it again.        

        As I read I thought about my engagement. He's my best friend, but I know that we are not in love. Nor will we ever be. But he has agreed and asked me to do the same. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I said softly.

        Korra pocked her head in "Tenzin will be here soon with his family." She said.

       I stood up and put away the book. "I'll be right there." I said. Korra nodded and turned around, but she stopped.

        "Are you ok?" She asked me concerned.

       "I'm not sure..." I said honestly.

        "Well if you need to talk, I'm here for you." Korra said as she ran out. 

        I followed after her and saw Oogi flying towards us. "Go! Go! Go! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? It looks like we're there." I heard Ikki say. "I know it, this is very familiar! Are we here yet? Are we here yet? Ooh, please tell me we're here!"