VI

"If it weren't for Zaheer, the Earth Queen would still be alive," I heard Korra say as I walked up with Tenzin. "There would have been no crisis in the Earth Kingdom, and Kuvira wouldn't be in power. Things are more out of balance than ever now. Nothing's changed!"

"You're right, Korra," Tenzin said as we walked up. 

"I am?" Korra questioned. 

"She is?" Asami asked. 

"It's true, there will always be new conflicts and enemies to face. But the important thing is to learn from your enemies and better yourself over time, which you have," Tenzin said. "When you first came here, you were hotheaded and a bit selfish."

"But you've matured into a thoughtful young woman who puts the needs of others before herself," I told Korra gently. "The New Air Nation is a testament to that. You sacrificed everything to save them."

"You're an inspiration to the World," Tenzin agreed. 

"Thank you all," Korra said. "I know that this Kuvira problem is only going to get worse. But no matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." 

"And you won't be alone," I told her. "And I know Mika will help too."

"Where is she?" Korra asked curiously. 

I smirked, "she wanted to help Mako train Wu."

"She hates him though," Tenzin said.

Asami winked, "but she likes Mako more than she hates Wu." 

"Almost as much as I like Iroh," I responded.

"Speaking of," Korra said giving me a look. "When are you two getting married?!"

"Um..."

~*~

"Why did you drag me here?" I demanded of Iroh as we listened to Wu. 

"We tell her she won an all-expense-paid vacation to a tropical island. Then when she gets there, we reveal it was a trap- the island's a prison!" Wu said loudly. "Boom! Got her!"

"Excuse me?" I questioned as Iroh sighed. I looked over to Mika who was sitting with Mako, she looked incredibly confused by what Wu was saying. 

"Or," Wu said awkwardly. "Okay, uh, I'm just spitballing here. We march in with an army of highly trained badgermoles!"

"This is just getting worse," Iroh said.

"Why do I feel like Toph probably has trained badgermoles?" I asked. 

"Not helping," Izumi told me and I shrugged.  

"Do we know if Kuvira has any allergies?" Wu asked. 

"Look, I think we all know what must be done," Raiko said. "We take the fight to her."

"I don't believe attacking is the right move, since she hasn't done anything aggressive toward the United Republic," Tenzin said. 

"We don't know what kind of manpower she really has," I added. "Attacking first rarely works well."

"Unless you're Fire Lord Sozin," Iroh whispered to me.

"Not helping," Izumi said to him. 

"Kuvira can't be trusted," Lin said. "She told us that she was going to turn over power, and she didn't. I'm with Raiko. I say we go on the offensive and start by retaking Zaofu."

I opened my mouth to say something else, and then Korra ran in with Opal. "President Raiko, I'm sorry to interrupt, but-"

"Hi, Korra," I said awkwardly.