V

"Welcome home, Avatar. Thanks for starting a war," Lin said as we stepped off of the boat.

"Nice to see you too, Lin," I said. 

"I didn't start a war. Well, I did, but it's more complicated than you're making it seem," Korra said. 

"Mako, I want you back on the beat. There's going to be a Southern Water Tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand," Lin said to Mako.

"I'm all yours."

"I'll go too. The people of the South need to see that the Avatar is on their side in the fight against the Northern invaders," Korra said. 

"Great, that should calm them down," Lin said and then turned to me." Oh, and Yue, Iroh is docked in the city and wants to see you." She walked away after that.

"Maybe you should sit this out," Mako suggested to Korr. 

"What?"

"I just think having you there blatantly supporting one side will only make things worse. You could at least try to seem neutral," Mako said.

"He has a point," I said. 

"I'm not neutral! The North invaded my home. The only reason I'm here is to get the Republic to send troops to help the South," Korra said and then looked at me pointedly. 

I raised my hands up in defense, "I am the princess of the Water Tribe, Korra. I want peace for my people, and I want Unalaq out of the picture." 

"So I take it you're not going to the rally," Korra said. 

I sighed, "I can't, Korra. It wouldn't be right. You have a reason because the South is your home, the North is mine, but I won't stand against the Avatar. Especially when she's right."

*************

I went back to the room I had been staying in before we left for the Southern Water tribe, everything was as I left it. However, there were additional guards posted at my door. Wouldn't want to be kidnapped again. There was a small note on the writing desk. I looked at it curiously and saw that it was from Iroh:

Yue, Chief Bei Fong suggested I give you a day to rest after everything that has happened in the last few days. However, with the peace rally going on I didn't want you to be there. Perhaps it is unwise of me to say so, but I was hoping you would come spend the evening with me instead. If you would like to, meet me by the statue of Lady Emiko at Sundown. 

~Iroh

I put the note down and looked outside, I had maybe an hour before Sundown. And there was no way I would miss this chance with Iroh. I quickly began to unbraid my hair so I could bathe before I left. After cleaning up, I grabbed something nicer to wear and put my hair in a head scarf. It wasn't braided like I normally have it, but just restrained in a scarf. I shouldn't be doing anything that will knock it out. 

I informed the guards that I was leaving. They wanted to come with, but I convinced them I would be fine. Well, it was more like I snuck out without them noticing. I looked around, but nobody saw me, or at least nobody recognized me. I hurried towards the area between the water-tribe and the fire-nation embassies. Lady Emiko's statue stood in the middle, signifying the gap she built a bridge over. 

"I wasn't sure you would come," Iroh said as he stepped out from behind his grandmother's statue. I beamed at him as I ran and gave him a tight hug, "I definitely wasn't expecting such a warm welcome either." Iroh said as he hugged me tightly. 

"I've missed you," I said simply. 

"I've missed you too, Yue," Iroh said. "Now why don't you catch me up on what you have been up to?"