IV

I sat outside overlooking the ocean. Just thinking. About life, my engagement, Korra, everything really. I stood up to go find Korra when she found me. "What's wrong?" I asked when I saw her alarmed face.

"Unaloq... My parents, everything!" Korra said throwing her hands up in the air.

"What happened?"

Korra looked like she was about to cry. "He's making them stand trial for supposedly plotting against me."

I looked at her surprised. "Even you mother?" I sighed. "I'm going to go and speak to Unaloq and figure out how I can help."

"What should I do?" Korra asked.

"If he doesn't listen to me... I need you to start a back-up plan." I said. Korra just looked at me hopelessly as I stormed out and headed for Unaloq. I didn't even bother knocking as I slammed the door open surprising him and his children.

"Princess Yue, to what do we owe this honor of your presence?" 

I glared at him. "Why on earth are you making Senna stand trial?! She has done nothing wrong."

"She aided and abetted criminals. I hardly think that is innocence." He answered cooly.

"You're just trying to make an example out of your brother like you did all of those years ago." I said angrily as I pointed a finger accusingly at him.

Unaloq rolled his eyes. "I am just trying to bring about Justice. Isn't that what you believe in Your Highness?"

I bit back another angry retort, it will not get me anywhere. "If you're wrong." I said, then I stormed out just like I came in. I really hope Korra has a plan, because my hands are tied.

*****************

I sat next to the judge as is my duty as princess. Except I can't change the course of a trial, I'm just ornamental. "This trial will now come to order! Judge Hotah presiding."

Unaloq came forward and gave his testimony. "I was asleep in my chambers when the rebels attacked. They overpowered me, and the next thing I remember was waking up in the snow after Avatar Korra had saved me."

"According to Unalaq's testimony, you attended a meeting where Varrick tried to incite a civil war." The judge asked Korra. "Is that true?"

"Yes." Korra said.

"And were these men present at that meeting?"

 "Well, yes, but..." 

"And where exactly did this meeting take place?"

 "Objection!" Bolin shouted.

 "Quiet down out there! I'll ask you one more time. Where did the meeting happen?"

 "My parents' house." Korra said reluctantly.

"And who led this meeting?"  

"Your honor, if I may..." Bolin tried again.

 "May what? May I Declare a mistrial? Sit down."

"Varrick and your father led the meeting, didn't they?"

 "My parents are innocent!" Korra said.

 "I've heard all I need to. I'll return shortly with my decision." He said walking out, I followed after him. As is the Water Tribes ancient laws, if I am present I must give my advice as Princess. Especially considering my namesake. It's been a long time since I've done this.

"Princess Yue, what is your advice?"Judge Hotah asked as I walked up.

I bowed. "Senna is obviously innocent, only attending a meeting as the hostess of the house. Tonraq as well." They all glared at me as I left, if I said anything else... Well let's just say I think it would make things worse.