II

But meanwhile, an anti-bending revolution brews in Republic City.

        I read a book in the corner as Korra, Bolin and Mako trained. Well they didn't neccesairly train, they mostly complained about how they don't have a better time spot for the gym. "We're the rookies, so we get the worst time spot in the gym. And you're the rookiest of us all. We gotta get you up to speed if we want to survive in the tournament." Mako said to Korra. 

        "Oh There are my little hard working street urchins! It's an honor to finally meet ya, Avatar. And whoever this young lady is..." A man said as he looked at us all, me a little creepy like. 

        "And you are?" I asked looking at him warily.

          "Butakha. I run this whole pro-bending shebang." He said then he pulled out the money for Mako and Bolin. "Here's your winnings from the last match." Mako went to take it but he took it back. "Ah, ah, ah! Not so fast First you owe me for the Avatar's new gear Gym and equipment rentals for the last month Ah, ah! Rent on your apartment Aah and the personal loan, for groceries." And before we knew it the money was gone. 

        Mako looked at Bolin when he mentioned the food. "What? I'm a growing boy!" He defenced himself.

         "Oh, and one more small item of business The Fire Ferrets need to ante up for the championship pot. Sorry, kids. You've got till the end of the week to come up with the dough, or else You're out of the tournament." Butakha said walking away. 

        Mako and Bolin looked at Korra. "You wouldn't happen to have a secret Avatar bank account overflowing with gold, would you?" Mako asked her.

        Korra shrugged. "I got nothing. I've never really needed money. I've always had people taking care of me. But Yue may have some..." She said as they all looked at me. 

        "Then I wouldn't say "you have nothing"." Mako said. 

       "Sorry I didn't mean..." Korra said.

        "No, it's alright. It's just Ever since we lost our parents, we've been on our own." Mako explained. 

        "I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Korra said sadly.

         Then Mako turned to me, I smiled sadly. "I don't really have any money..." I said.

       Korra looked at my flabbergasted. "What do you mean you don't have any money?!" She demanded. "I mean you're you! What about Lady Emiko or I...?" She said, well tried. I jumped on her and tried to shut her up when she mentioned Emiko.

        Mako pulled me off of her. Korra looked at me slightly alarmed and I noticed some of my hair came loose. I sighed and managed to tuck the strand in before anybody else saw. But I think Mako did... "Korra, I know who I am. But that doesn't mean I have money, like you I have always been taken care of." I said. 

        Mako looked down sadly. "So, anyway How are we gonna come up with the money? Oh, oh! I got it! I got it! I've been training Pabu to do circus tricks Now, people would pay good money to see that." Bolin said. 

        "Come on Bolin. We need serious ideas." Mako said. 

        "I was serious..." Bolin said.

         "Don't worry about it. I'll figure something out. I always do." Mako said. Then practice ended on a very sad note. Korra went back to Air Temple Island. I had some errands to run.

        I walked out and was basically grabbed by Mako. Luckily for me, he's a firebender. Unluckily for him I'm a master waterbender, so I nearly cut off his head. "Hey!" Mako said as he melted my ice.