IX

~*~

Mika

Light appeared and we started running as Bolin held up the wall. "Go ahead. Take your time," Bolin said. "Just bending a giant wall. Man, we got a lot of people here. Is that everybody?"

The wall fell to the ground as I looked around wildly, "where's Yue?" 

Korra looked around sadly, "she ran out to block the blast. I don't think we would've survived if she hadn't sacrificed herself."

"She can't be gone," I said fiercely. 

"Maybe she's in the water?" Mako asked.

"We can't go looking for her," Korra said. 

"We can't just leave her," I objected as Tenzin landed. 

"Kuvira's heading our way with a platoon of mecha-suits," Tenzin said. 

"What should we do?" Asami asked.

"This is my hometown, and I hate to say it, but there's no use risking all our lives to fight that giant thing," Bolin said. "Let her take the city for now. We'll think of some way to come back and beat her."

"What about all the people who haven't been evacuated yet?" Mako asked. "If Kuvira finds out Wu is with them, she might fire that spirit cannon at him and take them all out."

"I couldn't stop Kuvira from taking Zaofu. I'm not letting her conquer Republic City," Korra said. "The World isn't safe as long as she has that weapon."

"I agree," Lin said as she walked up, with Yue leaning on her.

"Lin!" Korra said as I ran forward. 

"You found her," I said as I helped Lin. 

"Glad to see you all made it out," Lin said. "You had me worried."

"How did you find Yue?" Korra asked as she hugged Yue tightly.

"I float," Yue joked. 

"I'm just glad you're alive," Korra said as I started to heal Yue. 

"I'm ready to wipe that smirk off of Kuvira's face," Yue said. 

"Well, you benders are gonna have to fight her alone. She just blew up our factory with all our hummingbird suits," Varrick said. 

"Not all of them," Asami pointed out. "There are the prototypes back at my office. If we can get those ready to fly, we'll at least be able to offer a little air support."

"Su, you take Baatar Jr. and the rest of the wounded back to Asami's office," Korra said. "Get those suits working as soon as you can. The rest of us will just have to face Kuvira on our own."

"Let's go," I said as I picked up Yue, but she shoved me off. 

"I need to fight," Yue said firmly. 

"You're hurt," I objected.

She gave me a flat look, "just some scratches. I'm more tired than anything. You go with Su and the others and help the injured. I'm staying with Korra." 

I bit my lip, "but-"

"You go help the injured," Yue said gently. "I'm going to go and take that bitch down."

~*~

Yue

"You sure you're up for this?" Korra asked as we stood on the roof.

"Going into the Avatar State to protect my friends and family helped," I said as I stood with a pot of paint. "I just hope this works." 

"It's Meelo's plan," Korra said. "It's so crazy that it might just work."