IV

I sat with Korra as we listened to the radio. "Only one team stands in their way, the Wolfbats. Led by team captain Tahno, the brutal Wolfbats look to repeat as champs. Have the Fire Ferrets finally met their match? You're listening to The Music Hour. Brought to you by Cabbage Corp. Republic City's trusted name in technology for over fifty years." 

        "Man, I got a good feeling about tonight." Bolin said.

        "I don't care if we are the underdogs, we can take those pompous Wolfbats." 

        "It's gonna be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right." Mako said. 

        I smiled as I listened, then the radio turned on. It had a bit of static so I went over and fixed it. "Introducing your new champs, the fantastic Fire Ferrets!" I heard Bolin say. I laughed along with Korra and the others. Then there was radio static and a new voice came through.

        "Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon. I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match because it'll be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshiping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I'm calling on the Council to shut down the bending arena and cancels the finals. Or else, there'll be severe consequences."

        I stared at the radio shocked as a chill ran up and down my spine. "That guy's got some nerve!" Korra said angrily.

         "You think the Council will give in?" I asked quietly.

        "I'm not waiting to find out. We need to get to City Hall." Korra said stomping out. 

        We ran after her as she made her way through the streets to the hall. She woulnd't turn around no matter how much I basically begged her. We walked in, and all of the council members and Lin turned to look at us. "Korra, you shouldn't be here." Tenzin said standing up.

        I sighed. "That's what I tried to tell her." I said. 

       "This is a closed meeting." I think Tarlok said. 

        "As the Avatar and a pro-bending player I have a right to be heard." Korra said, I rolled my eyes. 

        "You can't cancel the finals." Bolin added. 

        "I know winning the championship means a lot to you. But as far as I am concerned we need to shut the arena down." Tenzin said gently to Korra. 

        "What about the rest of you? Tarlok there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?" Korra asked. We all looked at Tarlok, this is awkward...

         "Actually, Tenzin and I agree for once. The Council is unanimous. We're closing the arena." Tarlok said. I sighed in relief. 

        "No! You can't." Korra and Mako said. 

          "I don't understand. I thought you, of all people, would take a stand against Amon." Korra said. 

        "While I'm still committed to bringing that lunatic to justice I'll not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game." Tarlok told them. 

        "Pro-bending might only be a game to you but think of what it means to the city. Right now the arena is the one place where benders and non-benders gather together in peace." Korra said.

        "Yeah! To watch benders Beat each other up! In peace!" Bolin said.

        I sighed. "It's an inspiration to everyone!" Korra said.