VI

After learning of the first Avatar, and my own origins I found myself next to a man I only paintings of. "Uncle Iroh?" I said amazed as he stood before me. 

"Princess Yue, what a surprise. Avatar Korra was just here, but she left to go close the portal," Iroh said smiling. 

"I should go after her," I said as I moved to go towards the dark mountain. 

Iroh grabbed my hand, "she must do this on her own. If she needs your help, the spirits will find a way."

I sighed as I sat next to Iroh and then a random table appeared in front of us with tea, "the spirit world is a very interesting place." 

Iroh laughed, "judging by the change of attire, I think they agree with you."

I looked down confused and found myself clothed in white, "why do I look like the moon spirit?"

"That is who your guardian is, it is not that surprising," Iroh said laughing. 

"It would be nice to be slightly normal," I said smiling. 

"Ah yes, I know of your life."

"What does that mean?" 

"Your thoughts are scattered," Iroh said. 

I sighed, "with everything going on. It's hard to stay focused on one thing." 

"You feel torn between your nation, but thoughts of the heart always show up," Iroh said with a knowing smile.

"Your descendant is too good for his own good," I said. "And then you have my duties as the Princess of the Watertribe, I want to help my people, but I don't know how without betraying the North."

"General Iroh has the purest intentions, very much like his grandfather," Iroh said with a laugh. 

"He is an amazing person, but breaking our engagement would break his heart," I said sadly. "I can't do that to him."

"But marrying him if you don't love him, would that not be even crueler?" Iroh asked. 

I sighed, "he's my best friend. I don't want to..."

"When the conflict with the Watertribe is resolved, you should resolve to fix both of your hearts," Iroh said gently.

I smiled, "Zuko was right, you are the best at giving advice." 

Iroh laughed, "I think it is time you left. If Korra's friend has anything to say about it." I looked up as a spirit flew towards me. 

I bowed to Iroh, "thank you so much." 

"You should come visit again some day, your lifetime is different than Korra's," Iroh said as he gave me a hug.

"I will," I said as I climbed onto the flying spirit. 

"Good luck," Iroh said. I nodded as we flew away. I found Korra and Jinora just as Korra opened the other portal, she wouldn't do that unless... 

"Ahhh! Korra!" Jinora screamed as she flew by me. I was about to chase after her, but Korra was in trouble. The kind that would end the avatar. Korra screamed in pain as we swooped down, she was almost covered in dark energy when we rammed into Unalaq. He glared at me as I grabbed Korra. 

"I'll see you soon, Raava. Once the Harmonic Convergence comes, I'll be free from this prison, and then I will have my revenge!" Vaatu shouted after us. 

"Yue, what are you doing here?" Korra asked confused. 

"I'm your Higosha, Korra. I'm also the Princess of the Watertribe, it's time I acted and helped you," I said simply.