VII

"Are you sure you want to come with?" Lin asked me. "You just got married yesterday."

I gave her a look, "Iroh had to leave early this morning." 

"What?" Lin asked. "No week off for the General?"

I sighed, "this is what happens when you have a crazy woman taking over the Earth Kingdom."

"Thank you for coming with us," Opal said. 

"You couldn't stop me if you tried," I said and then Bolin walked up. 

"Where are you going?" Bolin asked. 

"We've got some family business to take care of," Opal said.

"But Yue isn't-" Bolin began.

"My husband just left," I said, cutting Bolin off. "I could use a little bit of adventure. 

"All right, listen, before you go, I just want to tell you that I understand how you feel," Bolin said to Opal.

"Aren't they cute?" I asked Lin.

"You and Iroh are cute," Lin responded. "You two are all mushy."

I smirked, "not in public." 

"I did not need to hear that," Lin muttered. 

"You know, there is one thing you could do to win me back," Opal said to Bolin. 

"What is it?" Bolin asked enthusiastically. "Yes, I'll do anything!"

"Come on a secret mission with us," Opal said. 

"Where to?"

"Zaofu," Opal said. "We're going to rescue my family."

~*~

"All right, let's do this," Bolin said as we landed. "Saving the Bei Fongs and saving our love because I vow to repair the rift that has grown betwixt us and make us whole again!"

I sighed as Lin pushed him away, "you, zip it now. I had enough of your babble on the ride in."

"Yes, Ma'am," Bolin said as we followed Lin. 

"Kuvira tore down all the domes," Opal said as we looked at the city. "Why would she do that?"

"She's got a whole battalion of troops stationed there," Lin said. "There's no way we'll be able to spot anything useful from here." 

"We'll have to go in for a closer look," I surmised. 

"Don't bother," a voice said and Toph walked out. "All the prisoners have been moved."

"Uh, hey, Chief," Lin said awkwardly and I rolled my eyes. 

"Hey, Chief," was Toph's response. 

"Grandma Toph!" Opal said as she hugged her. 

"You were only up to my waist the last time we were together," Toph said fondly before turning to me. "And I can tell you got married."

"Do I want to know how?" I asked as I hugged her.

"Well, you do have that necklace on," Toph responded with a smirk. "Who did you marry?"

"Iroh," I responded.

"Emiko's grandkid?" Toph asked, and I nodded. "Who is he like?"

I shrugged, "he's Iroh."

"Oh, man! Oh, I can't!" Bolin said as he danced around. "This can't be happening!"