IX

I sat next to Bolin as Korra and Mako got back. We have been hiding underground with the homeless people of Republic City since we escaped. Korra and Mako had just left to do reconnaissance, leavng the three of us behind. I had been trying to figure out how to tell them about my abilities without Korra being extremely furious. She's gonna be mad, I just don't want her to firebend my head off. "You two were gone for awhile." Asami said crossing her arms as she looked at Korra and Mako. 

        "We were doing reconnaissance." Mako said. Asami simply glared at him. "Whatever."

         "Welcome back! Hope you worked up an appetite, 'cause dinner is served." One of the homeless guys said as he popped out of nowhere. 

        "Thanks so much for letting us hide out with you the past few days." I told him as we sat down. 

         "Honored to oblige. My associates and I heartily oppose Amon's so-called "Equalist" policies. We've got benders and non-benders living together down here, but do you see us fighting? No sir, we figured out how to harmoniously co-exist." The hobo man said.

        "You are a wise and noble hobo. This is the best-tasting street gruel I've ever had." Bolin said. 

        "Why thank you! I culled it from the finest dumpsters the city has to offer!" The hobo said. I looked at the food afraid and decided not to eat, again. After that we all went to bed, I once again tried to figure out a way to tell Korra who and what I am without upsetting her to much. Unfortunately I'm coming up empty. How are you supposed to tell your best friend that you A. Can bend all the elemets just like her, B. Go into the Spirit Worls and the Avatar State, and last for now but not least C. Oh by the way Korra my mother is the Painted Lady...

        Yeah that'll go over well... 

       So how on earth do I tell her? So few people know now is it is, The original team Avatar, Iroh, and Tenzin that's it. Just those people and a good chunk of them are dead or missing. I watched Korra and Mako talking, guess they couldn't sleep either. We got up in the morning, most of us didn't sleep. Well except for Bolin, he can sleep through an earthquake...

        We were going to be leavng in a few hours to meet up with Iroh, I walked up to the group. We all look so miserable. "Guys..." I said, they all turned to look at me. "There's something I have to tell you." I said. 

        "What's wrong?" Korra asked confused. 

       I sighed. "Nothing's wrong, well other than the fact that Amon is trying to take away bending... But there's something I need to tell you, probably should have told you a long time ago actually." I said.

        "I know..." Korra said.

        I looked at her surprised. "You know, and you're not angry that I haven't told you myself. Or told the rest of the group." I said.

        Korra shrugged. "I was angry at first, but then I figured that you had a good reason for not telling me. I mean, you are engaged so you were bound to leave sometime soon..." Korra said sadly.

        I looked at her confused. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

       Korra gave me a weird look. "You're leaving soon to go and marry Iroh, aren't you?" She asked.

        I stared at her flabbergasted. "Um... No." I said simply. 

        "Oh... so what are you talking about?" She asked.

        I sighed and looked around. "We should talk in private, very few people know what I'm going to tell you and it should stay that way. This secret has been kept for hundreds of years, don't really want to change that now." I said.