VII

I stood in the back room with Kya as we tried to keep Jinora's energy flowing, but she didn't have much more time. I was doing everything I knew of, but we were barely denting it. We need to find Katara and hope she could do more. 

I walked out with Kya to talk with Tenzin, "as soon as we reach the Southern Water Tribe, we'll blast through the blockade at the main portal. Then we can rendezvous with Tonraq and his troops, crash through the defenses around the portal, and enter the Spirit World."

"Woah! Since when does my little brother wanna crash or blast through anything?" Kya asked. 

"I'll do whatever it takes to save my daughter."

"We all want to save Jinora, but I think your plan might be a tad over-aggressive, seeing as there are only seven of us and one ship," Buki said. 

"Really? And what do you suggest?" Tenzin asked. 

"An attack like this calls for strategy. I remember when I was surrounded by pirates at the Hurricane Straits. We managed to capture them all, with just a feather, two eggs and a barrel of molasses," Buki said. 

"I don't want to hear any of your crazy stories now! This is serious!" Tenzin said. Asami walked towards us, along with Bolin and Mako. 

"Are we almost there?" I asked. 

"Almost, but I just picked up a distress signal from the southern troops. There's a problem." 

**********

I walked in with Tenzin to help Katara with Jinora, "where is my mother?" 

"She's in the healing hut. So many injured," Senna said as she led us inside. 

"What happened?" Katara asked as she ran to us.

"Her soul is trapped in the Spirit World," Tenzin said. 

"Oh my goodness! How long has she been away?" Katara asked. 

"Almost a week. We've tried to keep her energy flowing, but..." I said.

"I can feel her slipping away. You're the only one who can help her now mom," Kya said.

"Yue, help me with her," Katara ordered. I nodded as we took her to a pool and set her in. Katara and I began to heal her, but we didn't do much more good. 

"How much longer can she survive like this?" Tenzin asked. 

"I don't know, but she is very strong to have lasted this long," Katara said. We walked outside as Katara continued and found Korra. 

"I talked to the rebels. They said Unalaq's got the southern portal surrounded.Harmonic Convergence is only a few hours away," Korra said. 

"Then we have to break through the enemy lines ourselves and get to the portal now," Tenzin said. 

"There's no use in talking anymore. We know what our mission is," Korra said. 

"A suicide mission," Bolin said. 

"You know, I was in a similar situation once. My platoon had crawled through the desert with no water for a week! But when we finally located the only oasis for a hundred miles, it was surrounded by angry sandbenders. I realized our only chance to get to the water was to drop in from above. So I fashioned together a catapult, and with the help of a few well-trained hog monkeys," Bumi said. 

"Enough of your ridiculous lies! Can't you see that the fate of the world and Jinora's life depends on what we do here today?!" Tenzin said angrily. 

"Hold on, maybe Bumi's right. We don't have a catapult and hog monkeys, but we have a flying bison and there's a plane on Varrick's ship. Maybe we can attack from above," Asami said.