03

Authors' POV

Jimin sits at the dining table, completely lost in his thoughts, not even hearing Jungkook coming down the stairs. Jimin is startled when he feels arms around his shoulders, but soon relaxes when he realises that it was Jungkook. Jungkook didn't mean to startle him; he thought that Jimin had heard him enter. As Jungkook sits down next to Jimin having the breakfast Jimin prepared, he cannot help but get lost in his thoughts as well, wondering if the morning's disappointing revelation was the cause of it.

Jungkook POV

I can't help but wonder what Jimin is thinking. Why does he avoid me? Does he not want to be around me? I'm hurt that he cannot speak to me about what is bothering him. We promised to never keep secrets from each other, but yet he kept something this serious to himself. I feel the rage rising in my body as Jimin gets up to leave, grabbing his purse and keys before pecking me on the cheek and leaving hastily through the door.

I feel like there is some miscommunication between us. We aren't communicating enough, especially about our pregnancy issues. This is something we need to talk about. The last time we had sex was 2 weeks ago when Jimin became very desperate and we had spent countless hours making love trying for the baby we so desperately wanted, but judging by this morning's reaction to his pregnancy test, it was negative again.

I'm considering finding a surrogate to bear a child for us. Jimin is the love of my life, and I will continue to try my utmost best to ensure his happiness. Surrogacy was never an option for me, but now I'm seriously thinking about it. A baby will brighten up this whole household and will make everyone so happy, especially Jimin.

I leave after fixing my attire, not ready for an entire day of paperwork and meetings waiting for me, but it's my empire and I need to uphold it so that my children can carry on my legacy someday. It sounds so nice to say, "my children." I hope we'll be blessed with a baby soon. Tonight Jimin and I will try again.

Jimin POV

After Jungkook hugged me and sat next to me at the dining table, I couldn't help but rush to leave without even uttering a word to him. I couldn't bare being around him right now, knowing that I had failed him as a husband yet again by being unable to bear a child. I left, grabbing my purse and keys, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

As I climb into my car and start my journey to work, I cannot help but break down for the second time that day, taking advantage of the fact that I am on my own. At some point, I pulled over as the tears were blurring my vision. When I was finally able to compose myself, I quickly drove to work, not wanting to be late for the presentation I had in an hour. I parked my car underground as always and touched up my makeup as best I could to appear presentable; after all, pretending is what I'm best at, an art I've mastered since I was a child, always having to pretend as if I'm fine and not wanting to worry my family.

I enter my office, slightly bowing to my secretary, Kim Jisoo. My father's secretary became mine when I finally took over from him. She is also my good friend, and she was becoming very concerned these last few days as I showed up to work in such a wrecked state, but today I cried. Now I'm stuck with puffy red eyes and a stuffy nose. She offers to get me some coffee, but I decline. I am not in the mood for anything right now.

The day drags along and all I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep away all my worries and face them another day, but I still have another presentation to do. My next client is a famous model who sought me out for my extraordinary and creative interior designs. She hired me to design the interior of her new home as she had just moved here from America.

My client arrives, and I introduce myself and offer her a seat. "Good day. I'm Min Jimin, CEO of Min Interiors. It would be an honour for me to take on this project, "says Jimin. "Hi, Jimin, I'm Lalisa Manoban, a model and multiple brand ambassador, you can call me Lisa. I only want my home to be the best it can be. It has to be fabulous to match up with me... not so?" Lisa says with a sly grin. Jimin hums and nods his head. He cannot deny that this woman is absolutely beautiful dressed in a casual outfit of black wide-leg jeans and a tucked T-shirt with heels, managing to look boyish yet feminine at the same time. I would be lying if I said I didn't envy her beauty and style. I didn't feel like getting dressed anymore and usually only get dressed in the most basic clothes I own. As I said, I have no more motivation to dress glamorously as before.

 As I said, I have no more motivation to dress glamorously as before

Jimin's usual outfit.

Lisa's outfit.

Jimin and Lalisa discuss the design he has created for her. Lisa is very satisfied with his work and proposes that they should have a drink together, which Jimin politely declines, using work as an excuse. He shows Lalisa to the door and bids her farewell, offering her a slight bow, which she returns. This meeting was Jimin's last one for the day. He packs up his things and leaves his office, bowing at Jisoo on his way out, bidding her farewell.

When he arrives home, the house is empty, as many other times, he'd arrive home. He wouldn't be surprised if Jungkook had left him, seeing as he was such a dud. He proceeds to the kitchen to prepare dinner. He decides to make some Kimchi-jjigae as he doesn't feel like spending long hours in the kitchen.

When he finished cooking, he dished up Jungkook's food and stored it on the dining table so that he could heat it and eat it when he arrived. Jimin ascends the stairs and decides to take a long, warm bath to unwind and relieve some stress. He lit up some scented candles and added his favourite bubble bath into the tub. Turning the jets on, he groans as the water is the perfect temperature and he feels the tension leave his body. He remained in the bath and unknowingly fell asleep inside the bath.

Jungkook POV

I just arrived home from a never-ending meeting with a potential investor. It went well. The house is eerily quiet. Assuming that it is past 00:00 already, Jimin must be asleep. I do appreciate Jimin for everything he does for me. Even when he's tired from a long day of work, he still cooks for me, ensuring that I stay healthy. I don't deserve such an angel.

I ate the delicious meal Jimin had made and cleaned up after myself before ascending the stairs to our bedroom, but I froze when I realized that our bed was untouched. My eyes quickly snap to the bathroom door, where I can see a faint light and can smell the vanilla-scented candles burning. I was going to join him when I came to see that he had fallen asleep in the bathtub. I crouch beside him and caress his cheek. "What exactly is it that bothers you so much, my love? I hope that you'll tell me," I whispered to him with a sad smile, leaning to kiss Jimin's forehead.

Jungkook lifts Jimin from the bathtub and dresses him in comfortable clothing before tucking him into bed with a lingering forehead kiss before he heads off to hop into the shower himself. When he finishes his shower, he gets dressed and slides himself in beside Jimin, watching how Jimin seeks his warmth and snuggles to his side before he hears light snores from the beautiful brunette. Jungkook kisses his forehead once more before holding Jimin so tight as if he'd disappear if he let go. The intention to make love to Jimin has long since been forgotten as Jungkook allows sleep to take over him as he wishes for a good life filled with Jimin and their future children. He is content. 

Please feel free to leave a comment, until next time. bye. - patrickthestarfish1