10

Authors' POV

Jimin wakes up, still on the floor in front of the washer. His throat feels dry and his body hurts from the hard floor. He gets up with much difficulty due to a slight pain in his abdomen, which he assumes are his menstrual cramps. He feels sweaty and decides to shower before cooking dinner. He had gotten nothing done today, despite saying that he would.

Jimin heads to the shower and is confused when he sees that he is no longer bleeding and it's been less than 24 hours. That's weird. He is usually very regular with his menstrual cycle. He makes a mental note to see the doctor soon.

When Jimin finishes his shower, he goes to the kitchen to prepare some jajangmyeon. He's been craving it since he woke up. When the food was ready, he dished himself a hefty portion and basically almost inhaled it.

Eating made him forget about today's event for a short while, but when he heard the front gates opening and the jingle of keys at the door, all of them came back.

He sat at the dining table, not knowing what to do. How would you feel in such a situation?

Jungkook enters the front door, and on his way up the stairs, he spots Jimin.

"Hey baby, I'll be right down okay. Can you dish me some please? " Jimin just nods, looking down while dishing Jungkook's food.

When Jungkook comes back down, freshly showered and dressed in comfortable lounge wear, he sits across from Jimin and starts eating.

"How was your day...? I know that cleaning is quite therapeutic." Jimin looks up, just muttering, "fine, yours..." Jungkook can feel the tension around them, and he tries to figure out what's going on.

"Baby, are you okay? Did anything happen today? You can talk to me about anything, "asked Jungkook worriedly. Jimin just continues to look at his lap. "Why did you do it...? Why did you fuck around with someone else...? " He thought, wanting to say something, but he just faked a smile at Jungkook, which he accepted. Jungkook finished his food and went up to his home office for a last-minute call he had to make.

Jungkook comes rushing back down the stairs. "Jimin, you did the washing right," asked Jungkook nervously. Jimin just nodded. "D-did you maybe... umm.. uh... find a little note in my pants pocket?" Jimin just nodded again, with an unreadable expression on his face, as he felt anger and sadness starting to surface once more.

"There was a note, but it was in pieces and unreadable, so I threw it out," lies Jimin, deciding to see how this plays out.

He refuses to stay in this relationship with Jungkook if he won't own up to his mistake himself. Jimin sees how Jungkook's shoulders visibly relax, and he feels a pang in his chest. It's confirmed. Jungkook really is having an affair. He was holding on to that 1% of hope in his heart, but Jungkook just confirmed it.

"Okay then, it wasn't important. I'm going to head to bed. Come and join me, yeah, "says Jungkook tiredly, with his bunny smile on his face. "Yeah, I'll be there soon." Jimin feels numb and lifeless. His mind was scattered all over. What was he going to do about this?

He feels lost.

After cleaning up, he removes his cleaning attire and goes to their bedroom, where he sees Jungkook asleep holding his pillow. He decides to just sleep in the guestroom, not really wanting to be around Jungkook right now.

Once he lies down, he cries for the third time that day until he falls asleep.

mentally, emotionally, and physically tired.

Jungkook POV

I sleepily feel around on the bed, feeling for Jimin to cuddle him, but he's not there. "Chim...? baby, are you in the bathroom..? " I called out in confusion as the bathroom light was off. I get up, on high alert, looking for Jimin. I check the time and the clock flashes "02:30". That's odd. Jimin would've come to bed by now.

I go downstairs to search for him, but he's not anywhere downstairs. I feel panic setting in... "Jimin... this is not funny... Jimin!" I checked every room upstairs until I got to the guestroom, where I saw the little lump under the blanket.

"Oh Jimin baby, why are you sleeping here? " I pull down the blanket that he's holding onto for dear life and see his tear-stricken face with dark eye bags. I pick him up, hooking my arms behind his back and under his knees. I carried him to our room and laid him down, hugging him.

What happened? What are you hiding from me? I whisper in the silence of the room. I held onto him...

I want him to feel my presence. I want him to know he is not alone. I let the darkness take over me as I held my baby tightly.

"It left a mark" - patrickthestarfish1