28

Author POV

It's been a week. Jimin has been scheduled to leave Seoul soon. He has been working on the arrangements for his leave. He has appointed his head manager, Song Tae-oh, as second in command and asked his mother to oversee things in his absence.

Jungkook has been trying to contact him for the past week. He even showed up at his office a few times, but Jimin instructed that he shouldn't be let into the building, and that infuriated Jungkook, who even threatened Jimin's staff for not letting him pass, but it was all in vain.

Lately, Jimin hasn't been feeling the best. He still had his weird eating habits, but now he felt unusual soreness in his breasts and abdomen and always had severe headaches and sudden blackouts, which worried him greatly. Searching for his symptoms didn't help as it led him to think he might have tumours which could possibly be cancerous. It made him paranoid and anxious.

On his final day in Seoul, he decided to have a full body check just to be safe.

Jimin said his final greetings to his staff, who were sad that he was leaving, as he wasn't just their boss but a friend too. He treated everyone well and built friendships with some of them too, but he explained to them how important this was for him and the company as well.

Upon leaving for the doctor's office, he took the elevator into the underground parking and made his way to the car, but he stopped in his tracks when he saw Jungkook dressed in a dishevelled suit, his hair messy and his face tired.

When Jungkook caught sight of Jimin, his face immediately lit up and he ran to him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Jimin, baby, you're here. Finally, I've been trying to reach you all week," said Jungkook in a rush, holding him almost suffocatingly. Jimin panicked. He was nowhere near ready to see Jungkook. He could already feel the sting in his eyes and the lump forming in his throat from fighting back the tears that threatened to fall.

"J-jungkook,"

"Baby, I missed you so much. I-I thought you left me." Jungkook stuttered as he let go of Jimin, cupping his cheek. They stared at each other's eyes, one with relief and the other with sorrow.

"Jungkook, p-please let me go," pleaded Jimin, trying to stay strong.

"Never, I'll never let you go. I love you so much it hurts," sniffed Jungkook, still looking at him in the eyes.

"We've been over this, Jungkook!" exclaimed Jimin, becoming irritated by Jungkook's persistence.

"No, you never left, so that means you've chosen to stay. Please come back to me, Jimin," sobbed Jungkook as he lowered his head to kiss Jimin, who turned his face to the other side. Jimin feels like his head is about to explode and he feels another wave of dizziness hit him.

"No, Jungkook, I'm sorry, but I can't forgive you. Not for a long time at that. You know what you've done and I'm still learning how to come to terms with it, so please just leave me alone!" exclaimed Jimin as his head starts to throb more violently.

"I-I-" Jungkook stuttered, attempting to defend himself.

"I'm leaving soon. Your apologies mean nothing to me now. This past week, I've realised how humiliated I feel. I was such a fool for being willing to sweep this all under the rug simply because I loved you. I'm a fucking clown," seethed Jimin as Jungkook just looked down, sobbing.

"I swear I never meant for this to happen. I promise I'll never do it again. Please don't leave me. I'll go mad. " Jungkook sobbed as he begged Jimin, who just shook his head and rushed to his car to get into it.

"I can't, I'm sorry," said Jimin, as he hurriedly started his car. He felt his head pound and an odd warm liquid trickling from his nose. It was blood. He panicked as he grabbed some tissue paper to stop it from dripping.

"Jimin, no, please. I love you," pleaded Jungkook as he got up from the ground and knocked against the car windows. He looked at the crying Jungkook pitifully as he reversed out of his parking spot, as Jungkook just stood there watching him go.

"I love you too, Jungkook. More than you'd ever know," said Jimin through the rolled-down window as he fastly drove out of the underground exit.

Jungkook sobbed louder, tears running down his face as Jimin confessed his love for him. Oh, how stupid he was to ruin their perfect love story.

Short filler chapter - patrickthestarfish1