36

Author's POV

A/N: Double update!!

Jungkook is in the doctor's office, sitting in a hospital gown on the bed, waiting for the doctor to return with his test results. It's been quite a while since the doctor left the room, asking Jungkook to get comfortable. He had come in for a full body examination, trying to find the root cause of the discomfort he's been feeling in his body recently.

Jungkook POV

They did an MRI scan along with some blood tests as well. On the scans, Mrs. Lim said that there seems to be a growth in my body, which is why she is waiting on the blood tests to elaborate further on it. I doubt it's anything serious; I'm fairly healthy, eating right, and occasionally working out. Could it be that all the alcohol I've consumed is finally catching up with my body? Who knows..

My thoughts spiral way out of control, trying to figure out what could cause this back pain and this apparent growth, but before I could fully get lost in thought, Mrs. Lim entered with a folder in hand.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Jeon? Any pain or discomfort?" asks the doctor without looking at me, jotting down my vitals.

"I'm okay; I'm a little anxious about these results. I don't know what it might be." I reply, looking at the doctor's face to gauge whether it's good or bad news. When I see her solemnly sigh and finally look me in the face, I already know it's not good.

"Well, Mr. Jeo-"

"Please call me Jungkook."

"Alright Jungkook. I need to ask a few questions for clarity first. Would that be okay?" asked the doctor, looking at me expectantly.

"Uh yeah, sure. What would you like to know?"

"Before the back pain, were there any other times you felt pain or discomfort anywhere in your body?"

"No, the pain started quite a while ago, but there weren't any other ailments that came along with it." I responded, trying my best to recall.

"And do you perhaps know of any family that might've suffered from any disease?"

"Ah yes, my father had hypertension and passed away because he suffered a severe heart attack when I was very young, and my mother had cervical cancer and passed away 12 years ago." I say, clearing my throat to avoid choking on the sob forcing its way through.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Jungkook," says the doctor sincerely.

"It's okay; I just hate that she was taken from me so abruptly. I still needed her here." The tears I've been holding back finally made their way out.

"That's just the way of life. Everyone dies eventually. It's just unfortunate that it had to be that way, so I get where you're coming from," says the doctor with a kind smile, which I returned instantly.

"So, about your results, remember the growth I mentioned?" she asked, to which I confusedly nodded.

"The tests show that you have testicular cancer; that growth is unfortunately a tumor on your left testicle. The growth is not big; it's about the size of a pea, but the blood tests show that it is cancerous, so we're going to perform an orchiectomy, which is to remove the cancerous testicle." I could feel the blood rushing in my ears, shocked by the news I just received.