24

Authors' POV

Jungkook, true to his word, picked Lisa up in the evening. Lisa wore a short black backless skater dress with black heels. Jungkook admits that Lisa looked pretty, but he'd like to see what Jimin would be wearing. At least one good thing to look forward to for tonight.

Jungkook and Lisa arrived at the event relatively early. They were ushered inside, and Jungkook immediately started looking for his husband, but there was no sign of him. He spotted Jin conversing with a well-dressed elderly man, probably one of his acquaintances. Jungkook waited for Jin to finish his conversation before tapping him on the shoulder.

"Hi Jin hyung, you look beautiful. you're glowing," compliments Jungkook to Jin, who is wearing a beautiful peach-coloured a-line tulle dress with his hair in a beautiful up-do, enhancing his facial features.

"Oh hey, what do you need?" asks Jin, trying to hide his annoyance. He has an image to uphold.

"I was wondering if Jimin had arrived yet?" Jungkook asks hesitantly, to which Jin suppresses the urge to roll his eyes.

"How would I know... You don't even know your husband's whereabouts. Pathetic" scoffs Jin as Jungkook avoids eye contact, trying to blink away the tears prickling his eyes. He takes a deep breath to calm himself.

"I assume you know his whereabouts then?" "Do you maybe know why he left?" asks Jungkook, looking at Jin with pleading eyes, on the verge of crying.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook, but you'd have to find out from him yourself. It's your battle to fight," sighs Jin, feeling guilty because he feels pity for Jungkook, but also because he has to admit his mistake.

"I know our relationship hasn't been the best for the past few months, but this seems impulsive. He's not talking to me at all. I asked him if he'd be at this event and all he said was "yes" and nothing more. " As a single tear falls down Jungkook's cheek, he expresses his frustration.

"Speak to him, Kook. Whatever it is, try to work it out. I really hate to see you guys like this. What happened to Korea's power couple, huh? " Jin asks him with a pitiful smile before patting Jungkook on the shoulder and excusing himself.

Jungkook is pulled from his thoughts by the call of his name and the hand snaking around his arm.

"Baby?" exclaims Jungkook, turning to face the other person, but a frown adorns his face when he sees Lisa looking up at him.

"Oh, it's you. What do you want?" he asks Lisa as he removes her hands from his arm.

"What do you mean, you brought me here asshole?" exclaims Lisa, drawing attention and causing a stir. Jungkook sees Namjoon, Taehyung, and Hoseok looking their way. He decides to walk away from Lisa and towards his friends.

"Hey Kook, who's that?" asked Hoseok, still looking at Lisa huffing before making her way towards the hors d'oeuvre table on the other side of the room.

"Oh no, she's just a friend," says Jungkook, awkwardly smiling at them. Namjoon didn't once look his way or say anything to him.

"Hey, Joon hyung, how's everything going at the company?" Jungkook asks Namjoon, hoping to lessen the obvious tension. Namjoon just sighs.

"Work is work and it's been hectically busy, but I still do manage to keep my husband happy and content," says Namjoon with a sarcastic smile, leaving Jungkook to only smile and nod awkwardly.

There's silence; only Taehyung and Hoseok seem to be in their own world, giggling at each other. The tension was thick between the two, but before Jungkook could excuse himself, he saw Namjoon looking over at the door, and when he turned to look in that direction, he was left stunned.