18

Jimin POV

After I left Jinnie's house, I headed to the grocery store. I really need some more tteokbokki now and some chocolate too. I would occasionally eat these, but now it's all I eat.

After I left the grocery store, I headed to the mall for some new clothes. It seems like I really have been getting chubby, but the only solution now is to buy new clothes rather than diet and work out. I won't lose weight with all the food I'm eating. As I was on my way out of the mall after shopping, I came across a kid's store and saw the most adorable fluffy baby bunny onesie with long droopy ears, and I decided to buy it for Jin's little one. I have also decided that I'll be applying to adopt a child once I'm settled in the US. I'm so excited!

When I reached the cash register, I saw...

Authors' POV

"Hey Jimin, it's so nice to see you here," says Lisa with a sly smirk as she turns to face Jimin with a cart filled with baby clothing. "That's so cute. Is it for yourself? How far along are you? "asked Lisa with wide eyes looking at the onesie in a panic. "A friend. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to purchase it," says Jimin, as he grits his teeth in annoyance. Lisa exclaims, "The feeling of baby shopping is so exciting!" as she lays a hand on her flat stomach, which makes Jimin's eyes widen in shock.

Jimin hurriedly pays for the onesie before rushing to his car, tossing his bags in the back seat and getting into the driver's seat. He sat there for a full 20 minutes with his head on the steering wheel, trying to calm his breathing. He wants to call Jin but decides against it, not wanting to bother him. He uses his breathing exercises to steady his breathing.

Jimin POV

When I eventually managed to compose myself, I drove to my house, thinking about the new information I had just learnt and all the packing I still needed to do. I don't have much time.

There's only one person that I can think of that could be the father of that woman's baby, and it really pains me to think about it. My husband is having a baby with another woman.

This relationship of ours will soon be nothing more than a memory...

When I pull up at the house, I see Jungkook's car. I don't even know why he's home early. As I enter, I can hear the clattering of pots and dishes. When I enter the kitchen, I see Jungkook cooking, which is odd, but I pay it no mind and head upstairs to change into some comfortable clothes so that I can cook my tteokbokki, and that's when I realized my bags are still in the car. I went out to get my bags, and when I returned, Jungkook was smiling at me. "Hey, come and have a seat. I made your favourite dumplings, "Jungkook said as he tried to feed me, but the moment I caught a whiff of it, I rushed to the bathroom, vomiting whatever was left in my stomach.

Jungkook rushes into the bathroom and places a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay? Is there something wrong with the food? I'm sorry," apologises Jungkook as he rubs my back as I retch. I shrug off his hand, glaring at him, and stand up to brush my teeth, leaving Jungkook staring at me confusedly. I myself don't know what's going on with me."I don't want dumplings, you eat them. I'll have some tteokbokki," I say emotionlessly, and it hurts me when I see the hurt expression on his face as I walk away, but I cannot spend this time with him. It would only make my departure that much more difficult, and with the information I learned earlier, I would gradually lose myself if I stayed in this house with him, pretending that everything was fine.

When I finished cooking the tteokbokki and moved to the dining table to eat, I was met with Jungkook sitting staring into space with a dejected expression on his face and an empty bowl in front of him. I know what he did is unacceptable, but I can't help but feel guilty for the way I'm treating him. I sat down to eat the tteokbokki I'd made and fought back tears as I reflected on how we'd gotten to this point and how in a few days I'd be confronting and leaving Jungkook. How did we go from a relationship filled with unconditional love to this...

I packed away the leftovers as I wasn't able to finish my dinner because of this heavy feeling in my heart.

For old times' sake, I went upstairs to our bedroom and decided to sleep there for the night. I lay on my side just thinking about everything going south in my life right now.

How my life used to be filled with happiness and beautiful memories. I slowly started to doze off, and just when I was about to fall asleep, I heard the door open and close and felt Jungkook slip in next to me and kiss my nape.

I let him because just this one last time, I wanted to feel his warmth, his love, and his safety as he holds me tight against himself as if he's been craving my presence, and I bask in the feeling.