038 - The Best Version.

(038 - The Best Version.)

Shall we? 🌚

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

♪♪What you know about rollin' down in the deep
When your brain goes numb, you can call that mental freeze...♪♪

That sounded exactly like my ring tone, but then it didn't feel like my phone was ringing though the sound was loud and blaring in my mind. Instead, for some reason, I was dancing on clouds to that tune, wearing a complete pink bunny costume. That didn't seem unnatural at all.

If anything, it was the best dream I've had in weeks

Dream? Was I dreaming?

The song stopped and everything went black, the image of me dancing on the clouds with a pink bunny costume varnished.

♪♪What you know about rollin' down in the deep
When your brain goes numb, you can call that mental freeze...♪♪

But it started again after a second, and the image was back.

Now, there was something unnatural about that.

I groaned, shuffling around on my bed with my limbs splayed around my frame like a spider. I couldn't see anything, just darkness and that was when I realized that my eyes were shut. And when I tried to open them, they were heavy. Very heavy.

That was when it dawned on me that I was asleep, and was indeed dreaming of dancing to my ring tone in a pink bunny costume.

It was all a dream.

♪♪When these people talk too much, put that shit in slow motion, yeah
I feel like an astronaut in the ocean, ayy♪♪

I groaned again at the unwelcomed noise, stretching my hands out to find the phone where I had kept it, knocking down a few things off the bedside table in the process. The clatters on the floor made me open my eyes slightly, just as my hand touched my phone. I brought it up to my face and peered at it, ready to cuss at whoever had disturbed my sleep.

Unknown number. It read.

Hissing, I made to end the call but out of instinct, I tapped on the answer call icon instead, picking the call.

Fuck. I cussed, rubbing my eyes with my index finger before bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I called, my voice sounding grouchy and husky from sleep. It's even good like that, let whoever it is know that they disturbed my freaking nap!