Chapter 8: There's Always A Choice!

-A WEEK AFTER THE RAID ON THE RED HUNTERS-

Ren sits in an interrogation room in the plumbers, he's heavily handcuffed from his wrists to his ankles.  He sits and stares at Kevin, who is yelling at him at the top of his lungs.

"I'm not joking around kid!  Where did they go!?"  Kevin yelled.

"You do understand how a secret location works right?  It's a secret because you don't tell anyone about it shit-for-brains!"  Ren replied.

"What did you call me!?"

"What, are you ugly and deaf too!?  I can see why you're with Gwen now, because she evens out that pea sized brain of yours!"

"Don't push me kid!"

"That's it Kevin!  Go psycho again!  At least that way, I'll have a legitimate reason to kill you!"

Ren and Kevin's foreheads pushes up against each other, exchanging glares at each other as they growl, both wanting to do something but unable to due to their positions.  On the other side of the one way mirror, Gwen, Ben and a small grey like frog was on Ben's shoulder were watching the scene unfold.  Gwen's eyes were glowing purple as a piece of cloth hovered in her hand.

"Anything?"  Ben asked.

"Nothing..."  Gwen replied.  "Wherever they went, it must be far enough that I can't detect them anymore."

"Oh well, not like they made off with anything of high value anyway.  All of the tech is present and accounted for, their leader's in custody as well.  So let's just chalk that up as a win."  Ben replied.

Ben looks at Ren once more, who was still arguing with Kevin.

"So this is the person who nearly made off with all of my tech?"  The grey frog like alien said.

"Yup, the Blood Wolf..." Ben replied.

"A mere human teenager, in this reach of the galaxy..."

"I didn't expect the Blood Wolf to be so young..."  Gwen commented.

"Do we have anything on who he is?"  Ben asked.

"Only some outdated files from the orphanage on Vilgohdon."  Gwen replied, pulling up a holographic screen with Ren's information.

The picture showing Ren was when he was about 10, he was covered in bandages and scars.

"His name's Ren Zark, by the earth calendar standards, he was born on December 31st, 2122.  Given up at birth by one Maria Zark."

"Zark...  The agent that went full ghost on us 14 years ago.  That's her kid?"

"Yup, the same Maria that helped her convict husband escape the null void."

"Given up at birth... Wait, so Ren doesn't even know his parents?"

"I would assume not, no.  Wow... he has quite the rep sheet.  I mean just look at this..."