Chapter 66: Laid To Rest!

"I asked you a question Izuku Midoriya...!"  Azmuth yelled as he slowly approached Ren and Izuku.

"W-wait Azmuth, hear him out, it really wasn't his fault!"  Ren said to Azmuth.

"I don't remember asking you anything Ren!  Now answer me Izuku!"  Azmuth growled.  "WHAT HAPPENED!?  Don't you dare lie to me, either of you!  I could feel the energy of the Omnitrix going haywire halfway across the galaxy!"

"W-well Azmuth, sir!  Azmuth sir...!  T-there was this team competition, w-we had to pair up and I got stuck with this girl who had a whole bunch of gadgets and was really interested in the Omnitrix- "

"GET TO THE POINT!"  Azmuth shouted, interrupting Izuku and startling him.

"SheendeduptakingthefaceplateoftheOmnitrixoffandkepttryingtomesswithitpleasedon'tmad!"  Izuku blurted in one swift breath as he covered his face with his arms.
(She ended up taking the faceplate of the Omnitrix off and kept trying to mess with it please don't be mad!)

A deathly silence fills the room as Azmuth's anger could be felt as it leaked out of his clearly annoyed expression.

"A-Azmuth...?"  Ren asked nervously.  "You okay buddy...?"

"You....  You...!"  Azmuth shouted before running jumping onto Izuku's head, holding onto his bangs to keep himself up as he stared angrily into Izuku's eyes.  "YOU LET SOME FOURTH RATE HUMAN ENGINEER TINKER WITH MY GREATEST CREATION!?  ARE YOU AN IDIOT!? DO YOU REALIZE WHAT COULD'VE HAVE HAPPENED YOU STUPID BOY!? YOU COULD'VE DESTROYED THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE WITH THAT LITTLE STUNT!!!"

"W-what!?"  Izuku exclaimed.  "A-are you serious!?"

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M JOKING!?"  Azmuth shouted.

"Hold on Azmuth, it wasn't his fault! The girl just snapped off the faceplate when his guard was down! Plus, it was me who tried to snap the faceplate back on and caused the explosion!" Ren yelled back.

"Then you're just as irresponsible as your student!  The Omnitrix isn't a toy you can just "snap" back together!  But that's besides the point!"  Azmuth yelled to Ren as he jumped off of Izuku's head and turned to face the green haired boy.  "Ren never told you did he?  About the true nature of the Omnitrix."

"The true nature...?"  Izuku replied confused.

"It's true that one of the Omnitrix's functions is to allow the user to walk a mile in the shoes of the different species, but it's true purpose however is to act as a sort of backup drive for the entire universe.  Every sample I gather, every species that showed signs of intelligence, I gather them and store them on a planet called Primus.  I store every sample I can get in case any of the species I have collected ever went extinct.  Should that ever happen, The Omnitrix has the power to revive the entire extinct civilization in the blink of an eye."  Azmuth replied.

"H-holy..."  Izuku muttered as he looked at his Omnitrix.

"But it is because it has this function that should the Omnitrix ever initate a self destruct sequence and left to fester for a long period of time, not only will it destroy itself; it will destroy the entire universe along with it."  Azmuth continued.  "As you know, I'm constantly monitoring the status of both your Omnitrix's.  There are two ways the Omnitrix can initiate a self destruct sequence, the first being through your own commands, the second being through a third part device, being a strange energy wave or through more physical means, such as a device.  Your Omnitrix Izuku Midoriya; showed signs of a high energy spike that nearly overloaded the Omnitrix's core!"

"W-wait...  Hatsume-san's charger gadget!"  Izuku said to Azmuth.  "B-but I thought she just managed to recharge the Omnitrix!"

While it did indeed supply your Omnitrix with the necessary power it required to function once more; should the core have detonated at that level, it would've taken the universe with it!"  Azmuth replied.  "Luckily, you managed to stabilize the fluctuation by transforming in that exact moment, bringing it back down to more maintainable level."