Chapter 83: The Legend's Sacrafice!

"Michael was the one who allowed Vilgax to attack the plumber's base!?"  Izuku exclaimed in shock.  "B-but, I thought the plumber's base had an advanced security system that couldn't be breached!"

"It does, but back then...  We were still using the defense grid Michael helped the plumber's develop.  He used his old master access codes to remotely deactivate the shields, allowing Vilgax to attack..."  Ren replied as he clenched his fists.  "In any other case...  They wouldn't have dared to attack the plumbers head on..."

Ren looks back at Izuku with a serious gaze.

"It was planned out, every last step.  They didn't attack us for no reason Izuku... "  Ren continued.  "The only reason for their attack...  Was because they knew they could kill Ben 10,000..."

"But...  The Omnitrix!  It has a self preservation function doesn't it!?  So why- "

"The Omnitrix was useless in that moment...  Both his and mine...  Vilgax had a weapon up his sleeve...  One that we didn't even see coming...  Didn't think it was even possible to do something like that...!"  Ren replied as he, sighs deeply, running his fingers through his hair, occasionally gripping it out of frustration as he does.  "Izuku, the Omnitrix isn't the end all or be all you think it is kid...  It has its own fair share of weaknesses...  That's why I've been teaching you how to fight in your human form...  I don't want you to rely on it too much...  I don't want you to make the same mistake I did all those years ago..."

Izuku could only continue to listen in silence as Ren hangs his head down, his bangs covering his eyes.

"... Once the attack started, we all started focusing on keeping the students safe from the escaped villains, while trying to hold back Vilgax's little mechadroid soldiers...  It was a total shit show Izuku..."  Ren said as he began to explain.

-THE ATTACK ON THE PLUMBER'S HQ-

Alarms blare and echo throughout the base loudly, red warning lights fill the halls as students  dash towards the emergency shuttles.  Just before they reach the shuttles however, the mob is immediately cut off by an army of Vilgax's drones taking aim at them as they all try to run the other way.  2 Crashhoppers however, fling from the end of the hallway and destroy the robots in a matter of seconds, instantly freeing the path in front of the panicked mob.

"This way!  Everybody out!  NOW!"  The two Crashhoppers said in unison as they led the way.

The crowd immediately resumes their dash towards the shuttles, all of them immediately entering the shuttles as they begin to shove each other."

"Calm down everyone!  50 people to each shuttle!"  Ren's Crashhopper yelled before transforming into XLR8.  "Got no time to lose!"

XLR8 begins to quickly load the 60 shuttles in the area with people using his superspeed, instantly locking the doors and launching them off of the base, where the autopilot begins to navigate them to the rendezvous point.

"Rook, what the hell is going on!?  What happened to our defense systems!?"  Ben's Crashhopper exclaimed into his intercom.

"We've been hacked!  Someone has disabled our defense systems and have completely taken over our subnet!"  Rook replied as sounds of him firing his proto-tool at the robots could be heard.  "We're doing the best we can to hold them back, but this base is a lost cause!  We have to evacuate everyone!  I'm having all available officers protect the launched space shuttles at the moment!  Ben, Ren, Gwendolyn, Evelyn, please assist the officers still fighting in the base!  Devlin, escort the students to safety!  Kevin, initiate the evacuation protocols for all the prisoners on the base, then evacuate yourselves!  Remember, meet at the rendezvous!"