Chapter 144: A New Era!

Edit:  Forgot to title the chapter.  :P

-WITH DEVLIN-

Ryuko hums quietly to herself as she fried two eggs in her pan.  Ryuko wore an apron over her large and baggy dark shirt, still in her underwear as she continued to cook breakfast.  

"I never would've thought I'd ever find myself in this position again...  Cooking breakfast for my lover as he sleeps soundly in my bed..." Ryuko thought as she touches the multiple hickeys on her neck, chuckling to herself.  "How long has it been since I've felt this way...? Content... Satisfied... And...  Happy?  My urges are all but non-existent now.  I don't remember the last time I was able to focus so clearly like this during this time of year."

A shirtless and yawning Devlin turns the corner of the hallway, seeing Ryuko smiling with a slight blush in her cheeks.  Devlin chuckles as he leans against the wall with his arms crossed, smiling at Ryuko as he gazed at her figure.

"Look at me...  Humming contently as I make him breakfast, like a newly wed wife would for her husband on their first day...  I feel so silly every time I think about it like that but..."  Ryuko thought as she sighed contently, sliding the eggs onto the plates next to her.  "No matter how hard I try; I can't seem to stop myself from smiling every time I think about him...  I just can't help but want to show him just how appreciative I am of him...  

Devlin quietly steps towards Ryuko as she places the two piece of toast onto the plate.

"This is going to take a lot of concealer to hide...  If it was only one love bite, then I would've been able to hide it beneath the collar of my costume...  With this many though, it's going to be hard to hide my relationship to the media..."  Ryuko said to herself as she touched the hickeys once more.  "Though...  It isn't as if I'd back down if they confronted me about it.  But I should at least let Nejire-chan know about my- "

"So this is where my shirt went..."  Devlin whispered to Ryuko before turning her around and picking her up.  "I was wondering where that went.  If you really wanted to see me without a shirt, you could've just asked.  Especially after what we did last night."

"D-Devlin...!"  Ryuko exclaimed in surprise as she blushed, being seated onto the kitchen counter by Devlin.  "When did you- "

Devlin embraces Ryuko tightly before indulging in a kiss, one that Ryuko slowly leans into before the two pull away from each other.

"Good morning to you beautiful."  Devlin whispered to Ryuko.

"G-good morning to you too..."  Ryuko replied as she smiled slightly while blushing.  "You surprised me...!  I didn't even hear you coming down the hall...!"

"That's my specialty, would be bad if my enemies heard me coming from a mile away.  Or in this case..."  Devlin replied as he leaned in towards Ryuk once more.  "If a certain beautiful dame stole one of my shirts and didn't think I'd notice..."

"You were still sleeping...  I didn't want to wake you up."  Ryuko replied as she pulled Devlin's shirt up, covering face as she blushed.  "That and..."

"And...?"  Devlin asked as he smirked at Ryuko.  "And what?"

"I...  I wanted to try wearing your shirt.  It's...  Really big and breathable...  And...  It smells like you."  Ryuko replied as she hid her blushing face.  "Is that...  Strange of me to do...?"

Devlin pulls the shirt down, gently turning Ryuko's head towards him before looking into her eyes.

"You're adorable."  Devlin replied before giving her a quick kiss on her lips, making Ryuko blush.  "I didn't expect to see you up so early.  Did you get any sleep at all?"