Chapter 96: The Bane Of Stain!

"Hope you two aren't prone to motion sickness!" Cannonbolt said to Tenya and the injured hero before picking the both of them up. 

"Midoriya

"Midoriya... please... Don't!" Tenya pleaded.

"Iida-kun,  I've already made up my mind and you're not gonna convince me otherwise!  I'll save you, I promise, so just rest; okay?"  Cannonbolt replied to Tenya.  "I can't fight with these two still in the way!  Even though I have the advantage with an area this narrow, I can't risk these two getting caught in the crossfire!  Before I do anything; I have to try and find a safe place to drop them in!"

"I see...  Trying to prioritize the lives of the injured around you...!"  Stain asked as he withdrew his blade.

Stain charges in towards Cannonbolt, to which Cannonbolt enters his ball form and charges in as well. Cannonbolt bounces off of the wall on his right, dodging Stain's slash before bouncing off of the wall on his left; striking Stain and sending him crashing through the wall on the opposite side.  Cannonbolt begins to roll away as Stain raises himself from the rubble, smiling as he does.

"I must admit...  I did not anticipate that...!  Even though you have the advantage of a tightly enclosed area, you chose to get the injured out over your own victory...!  Izuku Midoriya...  You are...!"  Stains said to himself as his eyes began to glow red.

Within the blink of an eye, Stain dashes out of the building after Cannonbolt.

"Show me...!  Show me more...!  That heroic spirit of yours!!!"  Stain yelled as he caught up to Cannonbolt.

"How did you- "

Cannonbolt is suddenly interrupted as Stain knocks Cannonbolt to the side with a punch; changing Cannonbolt's trajectory entirely as he struggled to regain his control.

"That was fast...!  Too fast!  T-that isn't- "

Stain appears in front of Cannonbolt, surprising him.

"Again!?"  Cannonbolt exclaimed.

Stain shouts wildly as he slashes with his sword; knocking Cannonbolt back and causing him to unravel himself.  The three would slide and crash along the ground as Cannonbolt manages to catch himself.

"Everyone!"  Cannonbolt exclaimed before looking over at Stain, who had his tongue out; licking his blade with a wicked smile.  "What's going on...?  There's no way he could catch up with Cannonbolt's top speed...!  And his blade...  It didn't shatter, even when it met with the armor on my body...!?"

Cannonbolt stares at Stain's glowing red eyes as he slowly approached him.

-ON VILGAX'S SHIP-

"My my, that is quite the coincidence..." Albedo said as he watched the news covering the chaos happening in Hosu. "To think such chaos would erupt on the same day we send our friend back into the wild..."