Chapter 84: The Wolf's Fangs!

"It makes sense now...  Why Ben asked me to tell Sensei that message...!"  Izuku thought as he looked at Ren, who was shaking slightly while gritting his teeth.  "Sensei...  It...  It really wasn't your fault- "

"It was.  No matter how I try to look at it...  No matter how many times I try to reason with myself...  It was all my fault..."  Ren said as he looked down at the ground.  "I was arrogant and too proud in myself...  I thought I could take Vilgax down on my own, just because I had master control...  If I had just listened to Ben and fought him together like he wanted, then he would still...!"

"Sensei..."  Izuku muttered as he watched Ren shake with anger.

"After Ben died and the plumbers restructured themselves with help from a different sector; Azmuth and the Galvins organized a funeral for Ben...  Nearly everyone in the known universe was there, either in person or in spirit...  Everyone; except for me..."  Ren explained.

"You...  You weren't there at Ben's funeral...?"  Izuku asked.  "But...  Why...?"

"I could just tell you that my heart couldn't handle it at the time...  But then, I'd be lying to you... The truth is that immediately after Azmuth fixed my Omnitrix, I began my hunt..."  Ren replied. 

"Your...  Hunt...?"  Izuku asked.

"My hunt...  For Vilgax."  Ren replied.  "Izuku...  I hope you understand when I say I was blinded by rage...  Rage against Vilgax, Michael, Albedo...  But more importantly...  Against myself...  For failing Ben...  For the next 2 years of my life; I would focus all of my free time and energy in between missions towards hunting Vilgax....  I shut the people who cared about me out of my life...  I've never felt more rage and hate in my entire life than in those 2 years...  And the things I chose to do in order to find him...  Well...  I'm not proud of it to say the least..."

-6 YEARS AGO-

A porcupine alien runs through the neon illuminated streets on an unknown planet.  He shoves and pushes the people on the sidewalk aside as he frantically runs as fast as he could away from someone.

"MOVE IT!  OUTTA MY WAY!"  The porcupine alien yelled as he pushed the alien citizens out of his way, looking back at he does and seeing a silhouette leaping across from building to building, chasing him.  "HOW THE HELL DID I GET MIXED UP WITH THIS CRAP!?!?!?"

The porcupine alien then runs down into a maze of connected alleyways, turning left and right in a blind panic before being met with a dead end

"Shit!"  The porcupine alien yelled before trying to run back the way he came.

As he turns back however, he sees the silhouette of his pursuer on the edge of the rooftop across from him.  His outline illuminated by the shine of the three moons behind him as he steps over the edge, landing on the ground before proceeding to approach him.